Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248577 times)

theta_wave

In the right sidebar when you have album cover element the image fits there nicely, but when you have track detail with artwork there is that small but unnecessary padding. it would look better if there is no padding for the artwork, but only for the tack infos(or even give us the option of overlaying the info, or only show info on mouseover ;)).
i have made this change for the next update, so the artwork in the track info panel now fills the entire panel width (when configured that way). However i am not fully commited to this and if others say they dont like it i might undo this change
I'm kind of weary of this change, but I'm willing try it out first to see how it looks.  Everything is nicely aligned with the text:

I'm quite fond of how the track details tab is at this moment save for the slight cutting off of any text at the bottom of the panel for long comment sections (my max row span is 900 lines), but that's a minor detail with a workaround consisting of padding the bottom of the panel with other items like file properties, ratings, etc.

superstar19

The way it should be working is MB defaults to Album and Tracks layout when you first drill down into an artist. You can change the layout to Artists or any other layout in the drill-down view. This setting is not persisted, so on the next restart the drill-down should revert to Album and Tracks. For the next update i have changed it so MB remembers the layout used on drill-down. There is also a bug where the layout used on drill-down overwrites the parent layout if you exit MB with the dtill-down active. Thats fixed.

If thats not the behavior you experience then i would need a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
What I'm trying to achieve is "Artist" layout when I first open, and then if I double click on an artist, I get the "Album Cover" layout instead of the Album and Tracks layout.  Even with the latest update, if I change the first drill down from Album and Tracks layout to Album Cover, when I go back to the top level, it is now showing Album Cover, but I want the top level to show always show Artist.

I have stored my settings file here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4z4ki9xn4i4spl/MusicBee3Settings.ini?dl=0

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think it would be really awesome if the view menu at the top left of the main panel would show a tooltip stating which custom view (if any) you have applied. 
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Just found this glitch in the Genre Categories window:

MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I think it would be really awesome if the view menu at the top left of the main panel would show a tooltip stating which custom view (if any) you have applied.
+1
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
What I'm trying to achieve is "Artist" layout when I first open, and then if I double click on an artist, I get the "Album Cover" layout instead of the Album and Tracks layout.  Even with the latest update, if I change the first drill down from Album and Tracks layout to Album Cover, when I go back to the top level, it is now showing Album Cover, but I want the top level to show always show Artist.
yes you are right - its not working when the drill-down is the Albums layout (or custom views). Both issues are addressed for the next v3 update

Steven

• Administrator
I'm kind of weary of this change, but I'm willing try it out first to see how it looks.  Everything is nicely aligned with the text:

I'm quite fond of how the track details tab is at this moment save for the slight cutting off of any text at the bottom of the panel for long comment sections (my max row span is 900 lines), but that's a minor detail with a workaround consisting of padding the bottom of the panel with other items like file properties, ratings, etc.
thats how i feel as well. I think i will undo the change

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Buried somewhere in the 139 pages (and growing) of this post, someone did mention that the Random Skin entry is missing from
View> Skins
Is it possible to have it returned, please?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

How about displaying the custom view name for the selector button to avoid any confusions?

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- changes and fixes as stated above
- in track oriented panels, you can now start dragging on a blank area of the panel and files will be automatically selected as you drag over them. I believe thats standard windows behavior.

Bee-liever

I still don't think artist picture cropping, wherever it occurs - now playing, compact player, artist pictures..., works as well in 3.0 as it did in 2.5.
Is the old 1152 x 864 (4:3 ratio) scaling reference still being used?
Most screens are 16:9 ratio these days (although 16:10 is the preferred ratio).

Steven

• Administrator
I still don't think artist picture cropping, wherever it occurs - now playing, compact player, artist pictures..., works as well in 3.0 as it did in 2.5.
MB3 tries to ensure the panel is always filled so it depends on what scaling you are using for the MB panel. Of course some pictures dont fit so well. Maybe post a screenshot so i can see a bad example

Bee-liever

MB3 tries to ensure the panel is always filled so it depends on what scaling you are using for the MB panel. Of course some pictures dont fit so well. Maybe post a screenshot so i can see a bad example

A couple of pics in compact player set to 840 x 525 (16:10)

original images on web are wide enough not to need zooming in, cropping and filling

portrait orientated pics should be centered with fill on both sides and not necessarily zoomed in.

superstar19

yes you are right - its not working when the drill-down is the Albums layout (or custom views). Both issues are addressed for the next v3 update
Looks like it's working with the new patch.  Thanks!

SoftwareSamurai

MB3 v3.0.5874:

In the player controls (which is in the "top panel" in my setting), if I grab the volume slider marker and drag it to raise the volume, but then before I release the mouse button I continue to drag over to the Equalizer and DSP settings icon, and THEN release the mouse button, the Equalizer and DSP settings window will pop open. (The volume is correctly maximized however.)

And, once the Equalizer and DSP settings window is open, clicking the icon in the player controls again won't close the window like in MB 2.5. (Not sure if that was intentional behavior for MB3.)

Also, the word "Equalizer" is misspelled: on the window header is shows "Equaliser" - with an s instead of a z.