Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233642 times)

hiccup

I prefer to have lyrics on another screen like TV. Its more readable.

So instead of dockable, you mean floating?
That's possible already too.

DJC👽D

yes thanks i havn't seen floating windows. Hum I love this great software.

redwing

- Can you add a hotkey for "View: Toggle Show Now Playing Bar"? v2.5 had the hotkey, but now you have to access panel editor every time you want to show and hide the bar.

- Track Info element's context menu always shows "customize panel" command except when it's docked at now playing bar. Very inconvenient to adjust settings and web links from now playing bar.

- Somebody lately pointed out the various and confusing usage of "now playing". I was confused when started using MB a few years ago, but that'd be more of the case to new v3 users because now playing list is now called "playing tracks" on the header but most settings still call it the "old" term. Some updating is needed for preferences settings and hotkey commands.

hiccup

yes thanks i havn't seen floating windows. Hum I love this great software.

Welcome to the club ;-)

HHM

I guess in MB3 there is no indicator of how many tracks (and total time) there are in the in the now playing playlist. It was present in MB2. Or do I miss something?

AvikB

got an error in the latest version:

Code
MusicBee v3.0.5871.38703 (Win6.3), 29 Jan 2016 21:18:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ObjectDisposedException: Safe handle has been closed
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.DangerousAddRef(Boolean& success)
   at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.SafeHandleAddRef(SafeHandle pHandle, Boolean& success)
   at Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.ResetEvent(SafeWaitHandle handle)
   at System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Reset()
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.TheatrePanel.Suspend()
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.CreatePanel(Rectangle initialBounds, String parameters)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at MusicBee.Plugin.#=qAPE553wLZVgKUq0SBiNNLA==(Rectangle #=qyV$l_O77_sc9aZApAKgOBQ==, String #=qrHAHZbZiz1zeZWL0212WBw==)
   at #=qTTBG6tZgVu97psBgPN3BkC4Rct4o020uGIDVHzbVZ0bprntYHcU0FoSanEZHBwJ5.#=qkuBGYST$9tnPDQ1fYoL9YvXiCJ2v4JtBUK3HT6zws5g=()
   at #=qTTBG6tZgVu97psBgPN3BkC4Rct4o020uGIDVHzbVZ0bprntYHcU0FoSanEZHBwJ5..ctor(#=quiaG8JuWq$v0wOxctXaJF0nm2JkPtw5BslCp7iei_H4= #=qTH9ZH9HETtuW5Qy3TyITVQ==, Int32 #=q$A1Gt8XOb3S_2y4Nq1P7qA==, String #=q0A5Z1qB0aGi883JJgpfUVw==)
   at #=q33_srxIdV8MZ9s1Hiqy9ZX7peWN2_2vFkttBHdQEaxQ=.#=qcRP4MpLPumAW71dnQSKe_lSE6dVHur3BQxGYMcEGvsU=()
   at #=q33_srxIdV8MZ9s1Hiqy9ZX7peWN2_2vFkttBHdQEaxQ=.#=q1RWOQEUbq3aRHQ8qiCb7F8plM1Tel80gYMGt992UsFg=(Boolean #=qaxanXjB2LVf0eKr23hY$ag==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qrgIyxH6kbSAy4P53PT5Cga_Y$U1OmAmiZkY8UyytJYw=.#=q3REgGUI1BQdcE4mcYMTzmg==()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qAPJBOU1ss1QGdnKn3L4OwQ==(#=qNowNoeDWBSKT5I1dl_tKW1TXrBLfKKrUP1Jb1X3BREA= #=qVcnGib8BVVdMK9hnm_wiJU9e8bDfnlgZZ9iCp_0NrQM=, Boolean #=q6T4ZaN2gI32CBcEuejfXv1vbNigRmHlqzQfSrgorqWE=, #=qum9VC55zgV9Qm4yofZDQYw== #=qdqhzXbeINAIQvMt0YSL_7A==, #=qGKSjS2iZIA1EpLTIzasRhd$hX7jPWk9JZ9oQ2AdkSRg= #=qwDDgSxx2G9O$UMC8EfvAD0a8zbdZne46OzZcPMbe25Y=, #=qHPlW$OmsP50sMU6FgKeNyGVKvilH8FzQj442hkZsTBo= #=qXp1ZxXElatZhIkx4Mi_gbg==, #=q2y68kKqI$O0cwDHJmpt61ig3pkpN2vOG5mDoNaU3vww=[] #=qihvfPa80zUFuXqUyyVqyWMS48QX__TBuAxXucgHb5gc=, Boolean #=qmsl7Vvc08RHXlEOJBNAoszg3CHQQuRPWNaPEZTkK10Q=)
Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 03:54:17 PM by AvikB

lizzy

Sorting problem in Now Playing.
If I add a single album with play now, no shuffle, the album is sorted by album and track.  However, if I add two or more albums (still no shuffle), NP is sorted by track... all 01 tracks, then all 02 tracks etc.  It's fixed by choosing custom sorting in the pull down menu, but I have to do this each time I add albums to NP.

Steven

• Administrator
I guess in MB3 there is no indicator of how many tracks (and total time) there are in the in the now playing playlist. It was present in MB2. Or do I miss something?
as with v2.5, the duration doesnt show once its > 1 day (24 hours)

Steven

• Administrator
Sorting problem in Now Playing.
If I add a single album with play now, no shuffle, the album is sorted by album and track.  However, if I add two or more albums (still no shuffle), NP is sorted by track... all 01 tracks, then all 02 tracks etc.  It's fixed by choosing custom sorting in the pull down menu, but I have to do this each time I add albums to NP.
i cant reproduce this but i am probably not doing exactly what you are doing. Could you post a screenshot as that might help (with the two albums selected and so i can see the NP list)

Steven

• Administrator
assuming you were using  (or about to use) the theater mode plugin with landscapes then the bug should be fixed for the next v3 update

Mr. Trev

Using yesterdays update.

In my Inbox tab, I have the view set to albums and tracks, with the option "display first few tracks" selected.
When I click on the artwork (or ctrl-a) to select the tracks to auto tag, it only selects (and tags) the displayed tracks (not the ones that need to be expanded to be displayed)
If I disable the "display first…" option then MB will select all the tracks

AvikB

assuming you were using  (or about to use) the theater mode plugin with landscapes then the bug should be fixed for the next v3 update
yeah, i was trying to use theater mode radio view on the now playing panel and got this error.

Few UI inconsistency i saw:

In the right sidebar when you have album cover element the image fits there nicely, but when you have track detail with artwork there is that small but unnecessary padding. it would look better if there is no padding for the artwork, but only for the tack infos(or even give us the option of overlaying the info, or only show info on mouseover ;)).

another most needed feature is the mini player button, while this may sound silly, but most friend(not tech savvy) i have suggested musicbee they didn't even know musicbee has a miniplayer mode(or didn't bother looking for it). i think it would be better to have a button beside close/resize button.  also when user right click on it a context menu shows with different modes(mini player, theater, compact etc.)

while it is possible to configure toolbar for this i don't think it is too noob friendly.

also a bug, in the now playing panel tab even if i choose the hide the right sidebar it does not work, though it works properly for the left sidebar.

Steven

• Administrator
In my Inbox tab, I have the view set to albums and tracks, with the option "display first few tracks" selected.
When I click on the artwork (or ctrl-a) to select the tracks to auto tag, it only selects (and tags) the displayed tracks (not the ones that need to be expanded to be displayed)
If I disable the "display first…" option then MB will select all the tracks
its working fine for me and i dont see how it could not be selecting all files. Can you reconfirm this

Steven

• Administrator
also a bug, in the now playing panel tab even if i choose the hide the right sidebar it does not work, though it works properly for the left sidebar.
thats a bit strange. It works fine for me. Perhaps you had the playing tracks list docked in the right main panel?

Steven

• Administrator
- Can you add a hotkey for "View: Toggle Show Now Playing Bar"? v2.5 had the hotkey, but now you have to access panel editor every time you want to show and hide the bar.
 - Track Info element's context menu always shows "customize panel" command except when it's docked at now playing bar. Very inconvenient to adjust settings and web links from now playing bar.
- Somebody lately pointed out the various and confusing usage of "now playing". I was confused when started using MB a few years ago, but that'd be more of the case to new v3 users because now playing list is now called "playing tracks" on the header but most settings still call it the "old" term. Some updating is needed for preferences settings and hotkey commands.
thats done for the next update