Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248715 times)

Steven

• Administrator
but when I click to select a genre or an artist in Column Browser,
the results are not sorted by year too (only by artist and album).
i cannot reproduce this or see how it could go wrong. If the only thing you do is click an item on the column browser then MB doesnt reapply the sorting for the Album and Tracks layout (its different for the artwork only views but you said it also doesnt work for Album and Tracks) - it only applies a filter. The artwork only panels reapply the same sort.
Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Steven

• Administrator
Having some issues with a few files in my library. It seems to have something to do with long filenames/pathnames
as phred says this is nothing to do with the MB3 gui changes. Its an existing issue that has been discussed serveral times before if you do a forum search. I dont see myself spending time on this in the near term

darkred

but when I click to select a genre or an artist in Column Browser,
the results are not sorted by year too (only by artist and album).
i cannot reproduce this or see how it could go wrong. If the only thing you do is click an item on the column browser then MB doesnt reapply the sorting for the Album and Tracks layout (its different for the artwork only views but you said it also doesnt work for Album and Tracks) - it only applies a filter. The artwork only panels reapply the same sort.
Can anyone else confirm this behavior?
A few details of recreating this behavior.
Example:
suppose that in genre "Hard Rock" I have a total of 3 albums:
- 1 album of "High on Fire" --> "De Vermis Mysteriis" dated 2012.
- 2 albums of "Hughes Turner Project", of which:
the 1st with same title, is dated 2002, and the 2nd is HTP2 dated 2003.

Well, clicking "Hard Rock" (or clicking the two Artist names contained within) the results appear, as follows:
"High on Fire" -->  "De Vermis Mysteriis" (2012)
"HTP" ----------->  HTP2 (2003)
"HTP" ----------->  s/t (2002)

The sort order should be:
"High on Fire" -->  "De Vermis Mysteriis" (2012)
"HTP" ----------->  s/t (2002)
"HTP" ----------->  HTP2 (2003)
(mockup by me)
Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:03:31 PM by darkred

Steven

• Administrator
send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) and i will have a quick look

Coogan

This last update seems to have affected the 2.5 version and now it does not change the Playing Track to the current artist being played. I tried to reinstall 2.5 but to no avail... Any way to fix this?

I see no difference in v2.5
Please keep up the great work Steven.

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

Scuttle

Having some issues with a few files in my library. It seems to have something to do with long filenames/pathnames
as phred says this is nothing to do with the MB3 gui changes. Its an existing issue that has been discussed serveral times before if you do a forum search. I dont see myself spending time on this in the near term

Would it be possible to include more information than "search for it"? I don't even know what to search for. Long filenames? Illegal characters? Corrupt Files?
Neither of those turned up anything relevanĀ“t

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
with main panel views that automatically suppress the left/right main panels (eg. auto-dj panel), the heading for the right main panel is not removed from the header bar

MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
i am still not getting why you think MB is wrong.
You have defined and using the following custom sort order:
Artist/Album/Year
so MB first sorts by Artist, then Album name, and then for any tracks with the same album name MB will use year
"High on Fire" --> "De Vermis Mysteriis" dated 2012.
"Hughes Turner Project" --> HTP2 dated 2003.
"Hughes Turner Project" --> Hughes Turner Project dated 2002  (Hughes Turner Project is greater than HTP2)
so if you want
"Hughes Turner Project" --> Hughes Turner Project dated 2002
then use
Artist/Year/Album as the sort criteria
i dont see how selecting items on the column browser have anything to do with this unless the genre you click on filters out some of the tracks
if you still think MB is wrong then set up another topic but i am doubtful i will spend any more time investigating this

darkred

i am still not getting why you think MB is wrong.
You have defined and using the following custom sort order:
Artist/Album/Year
so MB first sorts by Artist, then Album name, and then for any tracks with the same album name MB will use year
"Hughes Turner Project" --> Hughes Turner Project dated 2002  (Hughes Turner Project is greater than HTP2)
so if you want
"Hughes Turner Project" --> Hughes Turner Project dated 2002
then use
Artist/Year/Album as the sort criteria
i dont see how selecting items on the column browser have anything to do with this unless the genre you click on filters out some of the tracks
if you still think MB is wrong then set up another topic but i am doubtful i will spend any more time investigating this
Sorting by "Artist/Year/Album" is what I wanted (therefore MB works great, and I was not using the proper custom sorting).
Thank you very much!
Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 10:03:45 PM by darkred

hiccup

One of the files has this path:

"x:\Music\Lossless Library\Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart\Complete Mozart Edition, Volume 30_ Ascanio in Alba\3-05 Ascanio in Alba, K. 111_ Act II, Scene IV. Recitativo e Coro _Anima grande_ No. 24 Coro _Che strano evento_ Recitativo _Ahi la crudel_ (Ascanio, Silvia, c.flac"

Not saying this is a solution to your issue, but as a general observation:
The filename and path is indeed very long. That could be the issue, or it can become one in the near future. (backing-up, syncing etc.)

I would advice you to trust on tags to use as long and complete titles and descriptions as you require, and leave the file names as short as possible.
Theoretically you could use only 'track 1', 'track 2' etc. as file names, and rely on tags (metadata) for all the rest.
If you care about the original file name and want to keep it for reference, you could use a tag just for that purpose. (TOFN was even intended for that)

Steven

• Administrator
with main panel views that automatically suppress the left/right main panels (eg. auto-dj panel), the heading for the right main panel is not removed from the header bar
thats fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes for the bugs stated as fixed above and a few more i found myself
- you can now configure the tabs bar to show icons (set in Preferences/ Layout(1))
- handling for docking plugins to the Services node (Last.fm stats and Last.fm recommendations now use this)
- when "include sub-directories" is set in the Artwork retrieval filter, MB now only searchs one directory level down from the music file. This is so MB doesnt end up searching a huge number of sub-folders for files that are in low level folders

hiccup

- you can now configure the tabs bar to show icons (set in Preferences/ Layout(1))

That's much appreciated.

Not an issue of much importance, but funny things happen when minimizing the whole panel to the extreme.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P

Thank you very much for this  :)
With their return, could

<element id="TabsBar.InactiveTabIconMask"
<element id="TabsBar.InactiveTabInCaptionIconMask"

made to work again please
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together