Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1248566 times)

tomiork

Plus, when I want a wide visual of all my albums in "album covers" mode view, so many duplicates appear. I already tried to select files with the same cover and unite them under just one cover, but without results it seems.
search the forum as this sort of question has come several times or set up a question in a separate topic - it will be a comination of your tags and sorting/grouping settings

Yeah you're right, my bad :) now it's okay

Steven

• Administrator
There is also a problem in media storage when using 'preserve folders and filenames' and a virtual device.
i am not able to reproduce this. I have your settings file from the 12 but it appears a little out of date in regards to this issue, so would you mind sending the latest to me

Steven

• Administrator
For some reason MB won't show artwork for radio station that I manually set. I tried both Pictures library and non-system partition for image location ant it is the same. JPEG was loaded as artwork (on screenshot), PNG won't load at all. And every time I right-click that station and choose Edit, artwork field is blank, even though it is shown in radio station list like in the screenshot. I made sure that picture is Unblocked in Windows explorer, as it is blocked by default when downloaded from web and that image has same width and height. http://i.imgur.com/qwXpkxM.png

P.S. Now when I tried to change image it wont show it at all, nor this new one neither the old one that can be seen in screenshot. Am I doing something wrong?
there is a bug when manually adding a new picture that exists on the hard drive. Thats fixed for the next update.
I would think the remaining issues all revolve around that

Steven

• Administrator
When I search some albums and the view is set to "artists" I have no problems. For example, here's what happen when I search "The Eraser" by Thom Yorke
i assume this all revolves around your file tagging

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
I have your settings file from the 12 but it appears a little out of date in regards to this issue, so would you mind sending the latest to me

PM sent
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
every time you restart MB and open the settings panel for the virtual device, MB has saved a "double dagger" folder in the path name
thats fixed for the next update but you will still need to correct the path the first time

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes for the bugs stated as fixed above
- for first time v2.5 upgrade users, i have put in an information message when the panel arrangement button is clicked to show a message informing them where the main panel view can be configured from

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
every time you restart MB and open the settings panel for the virtual device, MB has saved a "double dagger" folder in the path name
thats fixed for the next update but you will still need to correct the path the first time

confirmed as fixed - running sync now
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

jaume

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip into the musicbee application folder and run MusicBee3.exe
- fixes for the bugs stated as fixed above
- for first time v2.5 upgrade users, i have put in an information message when the panel arrangement button is clicked to show a message informing them where the main panel view can be configured from

This last update seems to have affected the 2.5 version and now it does not change the Playing Track to the current artist being played. I tried to reinstall 2.5 but to no avail... Any way to fix this?

Steven

• Administrator
This last update seems to have affected the 2.5 version and now it does not change the Playing Track to the current artist being played. I tried to reinstall 2.5 but to no avail... Any way to fix this?
MB3 does not touch the MB2.5 installation or settings., and i am not willing to spend time investigating issues with v2.5

jaume

MB3 does not touch the MB2.5 installation or settings., and i am not willing to spend time investigating issues with v2.5

Fair enough. :)

Some additional related items observed in the latest 3.0, is there any way to configure the page options in the bookmark menu to add something like Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=<Artist>), You Tube, etc.

At the moment it is only giving the option of Last.fm.

Also, upon restarting MB, you need to actively select the bookmark for it to display anything. It would be great if the browser remembered the last service that you chose and displayed the page for the currently playing artist. Same behaviour as in 2.5.

Steven

• Administrator
Some additional related items observed in the latest 3.0, is there any way to configure the page options in the bookmark menu to add something like Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=<Artist>), You Tube, etc.

At the moment it is only giving the option of Last.fm.

Also, upon restarting MB, you need to actively select the bookmark for it to display anything. It would be great if the browser remembered the last service that you chose and displayed the page for the currently playing artist. Same behaviour as in 2.5.
i am little confused by this but perhaps all you need is the web-browser plugin (all web browsing functionality has been moved out of MB itself and the web-browser plugin enhanced). See the first post on this topic

darkred

I've set in main panel|files to show only Album Covers (but the same occurs if I select Albums and Tracks)

and I have set in 'Sort By'|'Define Custom sorting' this custom sorting: 'Artist/Album/Year'

but when I click to select a genre or an artist in Column Browser,
the results are not sorted by year too (only by artist and album).

Scuttle

Having some issues with a few files in my library. It seems to have something to do with long filenames/pathnames

One of the files has this path:

"x:\Music\Lossless Library\Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart\Complete Mozart Edition, Volume 30_ Ascanio in Alba\3-05 Ascanio in Alba, K. 111_ Act II, Scene IV. Recitativo e Coro _Anima grande_ No. 24 Coro _Che strano evento_ Recitativo _Ahi la crudel_ (Ascanio, Silvia, c.flac"

I can double-click the file just fine in Explorer and it plays in MPC, but it doesn't seem to be added properly in MB.

This track, and many others like it, appear in Inbox each time when I restart MB as Unknown tracks with no tags or anything.

phred

• Global Moderator
Having some issues with a few files in my library. It seems to have something to do with long filenames/pathnames
Your post has nothing to do with this thread's topic.  Please delete it and repost as a new topic. 
Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:32:59 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here