Author Topic: GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 1233084 times)

tomiork

Found another bug. When I pick left sidebar hide with auto-open, the ticked elements that I choose to display with tabs doesn't work anymore. I click on the tabs but nothing happen. Instead they work when the sidebar is shown.

tomiork

Last thing: is it possible to hide the labels that I highlighted on the image below?

http://imgur.com/yP0U6gx.png

Kinda feel those only waste space, especially on the right sidebar :/

circum

the first sounds lik3 something i fixed the other day so are you using the latest version?
the standalone artist picture cannot be resized

Yes I'm using the latest MusicBee3_Patched.zip you posted on Jan. 13

This issue occurs with one album where only a few tracks have a secondary artwork. I have other albums like that but they don't have this issue.

For unknown reason the switching works once with one track of this album. When it did, I tried with another track of the same album and instead of displaying that track's second picture, it displayed the second image of the previous track (the one when the switching worked).

Steven

• Administrator
The following error occured when I tried to rate a song.
the error relates to the lyrics reloaded plugin and should be reported there

Steven

• Administrator
I have a problem to delete from my library an audio track streamed by Soundcloud. When I press delete file remain there...
could you post a screenshot? did you really mean you added the soundcloud track to the music library or perhaps you are refering to the soundcloud search panel or somewhere else?

phred

• Global Moderator
Last thing: is it possible to hide the labels that I highlighted on the image below?

http://imgur.com/yP0U6gx.png

Kinda feel those only waste space, especially on the right sidebar :/
Those labels (via the drop-down arrow) show if the displayed info is from the selected track or the playing track.  I wouldn't want to see that disappear.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
The following error occured when I tried to rate a song.
the error relates to the lyrics reloaded plugin and should be reported there
The author of the lyrics reloaded plugin has stated that he is no longer supporting it.  He said that if anyone wanted to pick up development where he left off, he should be contacted.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
I have setup MB to perform a library scan on startup. When MB performs that scan it doesn't display any information or progress on the status bar.
Performing a manual scan does. Is that on purpose?
yes thats always been the case as i felt it would be too annoying to most people because it would be done every time MB is started. The scan on start up/ continuous monitor should show the number of files added/ removed if there are any on completion.
However i guess MB could say that the initial file scan has completed with no changes if thats useful to people

Steven

• Administrator
I've observed something similar to MeeMeeMee - my auto-report that runs on startup doesn't show any text in the status bar, although I know it's running because when I hit the X, it stops and tells me where it stopped. Status bar works fine the rest of the time.
i have made a change for the next v3 update. Do let me know if it doesnt work

Steven

• Administrator
Found another bug. When I pick left sidebar hide with auto-open, the ticked elements that I choose to display with tabs doesn't work anymore. I click on the tabs but nothing happen. Instead they work when the sidebar is shown.
i am not understanding what the issue - can you post a screesnhot

Steven

• Administrator
This issue occurs with one album where only a few tracks have a secondary artwork. I have other albums like that but they don't have this issue.

For unknown reason the switching works once with one track of this album. When it did, I tried with another track of the same album and instead of displaying that track's second picture, it displayed the second image of the previous track (the one when the switching worked).
in that case i wont address the issue as a common picture(s) is used for all tracks in an album

Steven

• Administrator
The playlists are being created with the full file path of the synced files: "C:\Users\scamp\Phone Sync\Music\..."

They have always worked fine in the past, and the only change I have made on the phone recently has been to sync to a different base folder (Music instead of MusicBee, same directory structure otherwise).  When I manually edited all the playlists to "..\Music\etc", they immediately worked.
just so i am 100% clear, you only use MB to sync to a virtual device. You use other software to synch from the virtual device files to your device right?

circum

A (stupid) question, where can I choose between Artwork / Artwork and Track / Track Details layout?

The Configure Layout button in the toolbar allows to customize but not choose between these three layouts as in MB v2.5

Steven

• Administrator
This is probably more of an oversight than a bug, but I feel that dragging and dropping items to an auto-playlist should be disallowed - sometimes it can happen accidentally. If a user does this it presents a few annoying issues, for instance an album can't be removed when in artwork mode, and items that are removed manually can never be added again automatically.
it is intentionally supported. I will check the deletion logic though because it sounds like its not doing that correctly
there is a bug where removing playlist files from an auto-playlist using artwork layout is not working but now fixed for the next update

hiccup

A (stupid) question, where can I choose between Artwork / Artwork and Track / Track Details layout?

The Configure Layout button in the toolbar allows to customize but not choose between these three layouts as in MB v2.5

It's not stupid a stupid question. You are nor the first, nor probably the last to have some difficulty with this.