Author Topic: Library Explorer - Retains entries after Folder/Files deleted ??  (Read 1732 times)

daver88

I have a number of files where Library Explorer retains original entries in Artist, Album Artist, Album after Folders/Files have been edited & reorganized. The only category that reflects the updated files & does not display the deleted entries is "All"

Steven

• Administrator
its working fine for me. Could you describe exactly how you deleted the files

daver88

Hi Steven - The files in question were edited using split values on the Artist field. Files were then saved & reorganised using File ->  Organise File.
this all went ok. the updated files were moved to a new directory & folder & the old folder was deleted on the hard drive. MusicBee Library reflected the updated files correctly.

The library explorer shows the updated files correctly but still lists the original entries (if you select these entries nothing is displayed which is what i would expect)

Strange but true - I imagine it would be hard to replicate this situation. What i would like to do of course is flush these entries out of the explorer.
Apart from this problem all is well & iam impressed with the application. I've just imported 200 k files & done a whole lot of editing & reoganiizing.

David

daver88

OK i seem to have solved this - I deleted the new files from the library & the old entries in library explorer disappeared. When I rescanned the new files back into the Library the old entries reappeared.

I deleted the new files from the library again; deleted all the tags & redid them manually, then rescanned the files back into MusicBee - Voila! the old entries in the Explorer were gone.

I think the problem was corrupt tags in the Flac files not a MusicBee issue

David