Author Topic: Exit MusicBee to save changes  (Read 10432 times)

romney_yw

It seems (from practical experience  :'() that some settings are only saved when MusicBee exits.

I have recently encountered this issue both with Customise Toolbar settings and the Playing Track - Displayed Tabs settings. It may also apply to other settings as well. I found that after a MusicBee crash my latest changes had been lost, and the settings had reverted to the previous state as far as I could tell.

So if you're working on settings such as these, do yourself a favour and exit MusicBee occasionally to save your updates in the appropriate configuration files to protect yourself in the (very rare) event of a MusicBee crash.

I've made a whole lot of assumptions here, and I was unfortunate that I'd made lots of changes during a single MusicBee session. I'd be interested to hear of others' experiences, and also if my underlying assumptions are a bit wide of the mark.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You might want to support this Wishlist item:http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14992.0
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

romney_yw

I'm not completely certain that Auto-save is the best solution to the problem. I sort of expected that any changes were saved when I clicked the "Save" button. However, I've added some comments to the Wishlist and a slightly qualified +1 as the problem certainly needs to be resolved somehow ...... :)