Author Topic: problem using GUI changes for v3.0  (Read 3125 times)

scartez

Hi all! First of all thank you for the awesome player. I've been trying to check version 3.0 as per Steven's instructions, copying my existing StartupSettings.ini file over the one that comes in the zip file, but all I get is the blank dialog. I have a portable instalation of MusicBee. Maybe that is the reason. Any help?
Thanks!!

Steven

• Administrator
that will most likely be the library path entry in StartupSettings.ini not being valid eg. you might need to prefix it with a drive letter if your library is on another drive
<LibraryPath>c:\xxx</LibraryPath>

scartez

Steven,
Thanks for the super-quick reply. I did what you suggested but still no success. See below the contents of my StartupSettings.ini file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CoreSettings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<SettingsPath>C:\Users\CESAR\Downloads\Music Software\MusicBee2portable\AppData\</SettingsPath>
<LibraryPath>C:\Users\CESAR\Downloads\Music Software\MusicBee2portable\Library\</LibraryPath>
<KnownLibraryPaths>
 <string>\Users\CESAR\Downloads\Music Software\MusicBee2portable\Library\</string>
</KnownLibraryPaths>
<PromptLibrarySelection>false</PromptLibrarySelection>
<DefaultFontFamily>Segoe UI</DefaultFontFamily>
<DefaultFontSize>9</DefaultFontSize>
<DefaultFontStyle>Regular</DefaultFontStyle>
<Theme>MusicBee Default</Theme>
<UseNativeWindow>false</UseNativeWindow>
<PlayerAtTop>false</PlayerAtTop>
<ProgressBarLocation>0</ProgressBarLocation>
<PlayerLayoutFlat>false</PlayerLayoutFlat>
</CoreSettings>

Am I doing something wrong?
Cheers

phred

• Global Moderator
<SettingsPath>C:\Users\CESAR\Downloads\Music Software\MusicBee2portable\AppData\</SettingsPath>
<LibraryPath>C:\Users\CESAR\Downloads\Music Software\MusicBee2portable\Library\</LibraryPath>
Are your MB3 files in the above quoted path?  If not, you need to change it to match the MB3 path.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
the only way for that dialog to appear is because the library does not exist in the folder specified in the settings file. The library file is MusicBeeLibrary.mbl which should reside in the specified folder
I am going to split these posts into a separate topic

scartez

Thanks for your reply. My new MB3 files are not in the path that is in the settings file. If I understood correctly, in the settings file I needed to point to the path where my current MB2.5 library was in order to open the new version. That's what I did, but still no success.

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for your reply. My new MB3 files are not in the path that is in the settings file. If I understood correctly, in the settings file I needed to point to the path where my current MB2.5 library was in order to open the new version. That's what I did, but still no success.
Yes, you're quite right.  I'm sorry for the confusion.  But that still doesn't get you going, does it?  As Steven said, make sure the library exists in the folder specified in the new settings file.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can somebody unsticky this?  :)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Can somebody unsticky this?  :)
I'm going to defer to Steven to unstick it.  He split this thread from another topic, so maybe he stuck it for a reason.
Actually, I'm not sure if anyone but Steven can stick/unstick.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki