Author Topic: "Monitored Files" on USB Flash Drive is not working  (Read 6801 times)

Leroy Bad

I've started using the portable  MusicBee (2.5.5491) a few weeks ago. I installed it along with my music collection on a  256GB USB Flash drive and I'm running Windows 7. I've noticed that when I try to configure MusicBee to monitor a folder, it does not detect the external USB drive that it's installed on but only the local drives on the PC. So this means anytime I add music to the Music folder on the USB drive I have to manually make MusicBee rescan that folder to find the new Music.

Leroy Bad

Kanaveo

Hello,

I have the same problem and tried with version 2.5.5511. But it still persists.

I can not add a folder form USB flash drive from Edit > Preferences > Library > Choose folders
but it is possible if I create a new Library (Create New Library > Choose Folders).

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
Musicbee will only allow monitored folders from a removable device if the library resides on the removable device

Kanaveo

Hi,

Ok, but when I create a library, I have the choice to
- put the library database on the local hardrive (default C:\Users\user\Music\)
- choose folders to scan on removable devices, network drives...

So the library database is not necessarely on the same drive as the media

Or maybe I did not understand your answer  :)

Steven

• Administrator
i am really not sure why you are struggling with this.
Make sure you are using 2.5.5511 via help/ about
create a library on the device using File/ Library/ Create New Library
change the folder for the library to the device drive path by clicking the ... button
enter the library name
choose folders to scan from the device
click Add Library
done
as long as the library is on the device you can choose monitored folders from the device

i did all that now without problem. If you still cant figure it out you will need to figure it out for yourself or perhaps another forum member will help

Kanaveo

Ok it works also for me.

I think my confusion came from the difference between "scan" and "monitoring" :
at the creation of the library, we can choose to scan (but not monitor) a removable device, even if the database is not on this device.

So my problem is solved,
Thanks for your help.