Author Topic: Problems With a Playlist Mixer  (Read 3597 times)

Pingaware

This is a very weird one. Screenshots will hopefully help me explain it better.

First one is of my playlist mixer's settings:

These are the settings for the auto-playlist 'Zero Albums' where part of the mixer is seeded from:

This is Joe Cocker's Mad Dogs & Englishmen Album as it appears in the auto-playlist:

And this is it as it appears in the playlist mixer:

As you can see, it's missing one of the tracks. Strangely, it's track 4. This is happening occasionally with my playlist mixer - the second part (Track 1 from Zero Albums, with select by set to Album) is missing tracks occasionally. I have no idea what's causing it. It's not the same albums in the same way each time - on a few refreshes, I managed to observe Mad Dogs in the playlist mixer with the full 25 tracks, with 24 tracks and with 21 tracks. It doesn't seem to be linked to a specific tag value that's set on the missing files, or to a file type, or to album length - I've seen it take two tracks out of a four track album. And it seems to be pretty recent, as I've been running this playlist mixer for months and never noticed it before (and one of my virtual tags means I would have noticed it). Any ideas Steven?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Pingaware

This bug still rears its ugly head every now and then Steven. More or less the same as previously described - occasionally, the whole album isn't selected by the playlist mixer for no apparent reason. If you think it's solveable, could I have a debug version to try and catch the problem?

Steven

• Administrator
to get to the bottom of this i think the quickest way is if you send me a zip of these two files:
- MusicBeeLibrary.mbl in the root folder of your music library directory
- and from the Playlists folder:
  - the mixer which is probably 3 files
  - and the two referenced auto-playlists

Steven

• Administrator
the only way i can see this happening is if track 4 had played earlier from "The Zero Playlist (Tracks)"
i have made a change for the next update (not in today's) that should ensure the entire album is added (as per your auto-playlist configuration) irrespective of whether the track had previously played.

Pingaware

This is going to be frustrating for you Steven, but it doesn't appear to be fixed. The mixer came up with the following set of tracks after I'd updated to a recent version.

As you can see, the highlighted tracks are missing from the Now Playing list which is what the mixer gave me. The one link I can find between the missing tracks is that the first three have the 'Keep in sequence when shuffling' tag checked, meaning they'd play as a four when being shuffled as standard. Does that help trace it down?

It's also worth noting that it appears to be the auto-playlist the mixer draws from which is causing the problems. I just refreshed through it a bunch of times and eventually got an occurrence. As you can see, it's only picked up one track from ELO's Time album, when there should be 13.

When I initially spotted this bug two years ago, I posted a long thread in the General forum. Link here if it provides any help or clues. Notably, seems like I decided the 'Shuffle by Album' setting had an effect on whether or not it happened.

EDIT: Happy to run a debug version as always.
Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:54:59 PM by Pingaware

Steven

• Administrator
there was a mistake in the version you were using. Its corrected now.
Could you try the latest version and if it happens again then i will prepare a debug version