Author Topic: Win10 Style [Concepts] [Discussion]  (Read 221429 times)

Bigmelwalter

I'm just sitting in my corner cheesing! ;D ;D ;D I can't wait to see what MB has in store for Win10. I feel like a very lucky guy, especially after putting up with iTunes, Windows Media Player and MediaMonkey and many other pitiful excuses for a music player.

mxmax

I'm just sitting in my corner cheesing! ;D ;D ;D I can't wait to see what MB has in store for Win10. I feel like a very lucky guy, especially after putting up with iTunes, Windows Media Player and MediaMonkey and many other pitiful excuses for a music player.

^^^^ This i can't for windows 10 version of MusicBee <3

phred

• Global Moderator

Just to set the record straight - Steven is not developing a Windows 10 version of MusicBee.  He is developing MusicBee Version 3.x.  He is redesigning the GUI along with changing a lot of 'behind the scenes' operations, which in the long run, will make it easier for him add future enhancements. 

Don't look for a beta until later this year.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bigmelwalter

Just to set the record straight - Steven is not developing a Windows 10 version of MusicBee.  He is developing MusicBee Version 3.x.  He is redesigning the GUI along with changing a lot of 'behind the scenes' operations, which in the long run, will make it easier for him add future enhancements.  

Don't look for a beta until later this year.

Well understood, I was simply just pondering on MB 4.0 lol

I understand that it will take time
Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:15:04 PM by Bigmelwalter

Space Octopus

• Teach a Man To Reason, He'll Think For a Lifetime
Please don't do this.... I loathe Windows 10 (and 8), and 70% of the reason is how it looks & the UI works. I have to eventually switch to Linux because once 7 is no longer supported, I'm done with Windows. 
    It took me years to find Musicbee & fall in love. Please don't make me spend another several looking for something else :'(   Why change something that is already perfect? I don't understand this... don't fix what isn't broken :( It's in my top 10 favorite software of all time. That's a big deal considering there's at least 100 different programs I absolutely love, if not more. I don't see any reason why it should have such a drastic change....
Make it so, number one.

vpsaxman

Please don't do this.... I loathe Windows 10 (and 8), and 70% of the reason is how it looks & the UI works. I have to eventually switch to Linux because once 7 is no longer supported, I'm done with Windows. 
    It took me years to find Musicbee & fall in love. Please don't make me spend another several looking for something else :'(   Why change something that is already perfect? I don't understand this... don't fix what isn't broken :( It's in my top 10 favorite software of all time. That's a big deal considering there's at least 100 different programs I absolutely love, if not more. I don't see any reason why it should have such a drastic change....
Please read the whole thread. You'll be able to customize MB to your liking.

And good luck finding a music manager on Linux. The lack of a decent alternative to MB on Linux is one of the main reason I'm still using Windows on my main workstation.

silvestreccf

you loathe Windows 10!  Have you switch to Linux because once 7 is no longer supported! My dream is to know someone like you. Another Idiot said the only reason Using Windows its because of Musicbee. But don't worry the changes in the MB ui can be changed by you, And about Windows 10, it is perfect for everyone except you plus 10.

silvestreccf

I gift for you guys that are using Windows only Because MusicBee: How to make Windows 7/8/8.1 look like Ubuntu Linux:
https://youtu.be/JKk4d3wyiXI

And yes...new Music bee Ui its about Windows 10. The new Metro style concept;

And Yes you can change all the changes.

vpsaxman

Another Idiot said the only reason Using Windows its because of Musicbee.
I suppose you were referring to my comment here, correct? In this case, you need some serious reading comprehension skills improvement buddy. What I said was:

The lack of a decent alternative to MB on Linux is one of the main reason I'm still using Windows on my main workstation.

which is nothing like saying MB is THE only reason I'm using Windows. It meant something more like "without MusicBee, or something as good, Linux will never be a serious option for me". FWIW, I'm very happy with Windows 10, and have been for the better part of the past year, being an Insider who has contributed trough the Feedback app and getting involved in various communities involved with the Insider Preview.

I gift for you guys that are using Windows only Because MusicBee: How to make Windows 7/8/8.1 look like Ubuntu Linux:
Either you're trolling or have never used Linux. The attraction of Linux is not how it looks but how it works.

silvestreccf

Yes Im  trolling , But after all Im not a Hater, I respec all OS  for which it are. (hard work of other people )  No, my coment its not about you, Its about other post.  Yes I was a Inseder too, Hard work for so many people and programer.  Nowdays the same shit happens with everything,  now its about new Musicbee Ui, 99% will love and 1% sinck people will hate and cantamineted social network with this. No one things about the Work, the feedback, or hours trying todo the Best. Yes Yes Im  trolling , But most important  I'm not a Hater.

Another Idiot said the only reason Using Windows its because of Musicbee.
I suppose you were referring to my comment here, correct? In this case, you need some serious reading comprehension skills improvement buddy. What I said was:

The lack of a decent alternative to MB on Linux is one of the main reason I'm still using Windows on my main workstation.

which is nothing like saying MB is THE only reason I'm using Windows. It meant something more like "without MusicBee, or something as good, Linux will never be a serious option for me". FWIW, I'm very happy with Windows 10, and have been for the better part of the past year, being an Insider who has contributed trough the Feedback app and getting involved in various communities involved with the Insider Preview.

Either you're trolling or have never used Linux. The attraction of Linux is not how it looks but how it works.

MeeMeeMee

TL;DR

I like the clutter-free suggested look. Will I still be able to setup multiple libraries or multiple filters over the same library (for example, classical and Rock) and browse/display them each in a different way in the main panel? A tab per library/filter, for example?
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

Pingaware

These are just concepts from Endeavour1934, who is not a developer of MB. There will be no loss of functionality in V3 according to Steven.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

RealPetChicken

A lot of here already bitching about the new version of MusicBee, just wait until it's out. I have faith in the creator of music bee.