Author Topic: Win10 Style [Concepts] [Discussion]  (Read 221447 times)

dusty-2011

Steven, will you still provide the MusicBee Classic skin for the planned v3 of MusicBee? I always use the MusicBee Classic Skin so I would very much appreciate it if it is still available.

Also, thanks for keeping the left side panel! I use that panel very often. Also, please still allow me to put the artist picture in that left side panel. I have a very wide left side panel with a very big artist picture in it. I like it that way!

redwing

It would be great if you could incorporate last.fm album info page to the new artist view. Then people could read, in addition to artist bio, detailed album info chronologically for the artist.

hurrakan

Sorry but I don't like the design in the initial post at all :(
For example, regarding the Album Artists list on the left, the circular artist images take up too much room and are unneccesary.  It only displays 13 artists at one time, which could mean alot of scrolling when browsing.

The preview posted here http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14941.msg89396#msg89396 does not leave enough screen width to display the tracks.  The more tag columns that can be visible the better as it allows more detail to be seen about each individual track such as title/album/artist/genre/bitrate/extension/year/rating/length etc. It also allows for easier sorting by clicking on the relevant column header.

Currently I like to use the column browsers to filter my music - mostly Genre and Artist, sometimes Album. It's great how they can be used together, but I don't see how that would work in the new skin.

Like dusty-2011 above, I only like the Classic skin in the current MusicBee. It's simple and elegant, easy to read and can display alot of information. There's no need to waste time making massive changes! :)

I guess I don't mind if the current left navigator panel has to go as long as playlists can still be reached in one click.  I don't pay much attention to the Now Playing panel.

vpsaxman

There's no need to waste time making massive changes! :)

YOU may not think so but changes in skinning possibilities and layouts have been requested multiple times. Even with the redesign, my understanding is that you would still be able to tweak the interface to look and behave the way you want it to which is one of many MB advantages.

RealPetChicken

while the theme does look beautiful i rather the developer put more time into getting the UPNP working on MusicBee.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
while the theme does look beautiful i rather the developer put more time into getting the UPNP working on MusicBee.

You mean like this?

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14277.0
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

clincher

My only wish/request for a new version would be an option to have a fourth column on the right, to display lyrics on the full window height with MB controls also using the complete width (as in the mockup below).

http://i.imgur.com/JXzkp4F.png

Currently I need to display the lyrics in a separate window right of the MB main window.

http://i.imgur.com/aeLbLbW.png

I'd apprectiate if it would not be neccessary to have a separate lyrics window to achieve the layout with full height lyrics as I prefer to use it.
Correct me if the layout as shown in the mockup would already be possible.

vzell

My only wish/request for a new version would be an option to have a fourth column on the right, to display lyrics on the full window height with MB controls also using the complete width (as in the mockup below).

http://i.imgur.com/JXzkp4F.png

+1

Venthe

I'll just throw my two cents, it might be pointed before; But I also want it to be seen. For me - ability to set multicolumn properties list was The Killer feature. Will new theme kill that off in favor of single list?

Alexis

I am sorry that I am arriving so late to this party, but would like to share my thoughts for whatever it may be worth to the original concerned by Steven:

I think taking on the presented concept would significantly enhance Musicbee.  MusicBee really needs a refresh.   It is really still similar to an old/dead program called Songbird.

For a while now, I have been feeling a retro sense in terms of the presentation of the program.  Just have been feeling like the  presentation has gotten dated.  Now, this does not refer to the under-hood advancement, but just the overall presentation.

This concept presented by endeavour1934 has given me that 'That's what was missing' feeling.

Personally, I would not mind the opportunity to go back to the board in creating new skins.  Besides, maybe the approach to skin creation would be more streamlined by with the new foundation, and that would be a big win.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Alexis

And finally!  I love the attention being given to the new users!!!!
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

kingB

Hello, I just have one request. Plz make MusicBee compatible with HD screens because right now it gives a problem with resolution of text and size of boxes etc.
I guess it must've already been discussed but plz do consider it.
thanks

albr0x

For my two cents, here are my thoughts about what I'd love to see in the new design.
  • The default skin should be minimal and attractive, and I really like endeavour1934's original concept. Preferably it should fit nicely into the Windows 10 aesthetic. The only theme I like in the current MusicBee is DarkRED Flat because it's just so simple and doesn't have borders everywhere! Extraneous/dated themes should also be excluded from the new version.
  • The new design should still have the option to have a "wave bar" to show track progress. This is an iTunes-killer feature for me, as I can see where track features are and also get a rough idea of the track's loudness.
  • I also really like the ability to turn off all album labels in the main panel to achieve a mosaic-like album view. There's still a slight (~5px) border though between albums. It would be great if the new design enabled a borderless mosaic view.
  • A new visualiser would be awesome.
  • Utilising multiple displays would be a nice feature, with the ability to have your library on one screen and theatre mode/visualiser on the other.
  • Adding some middle-click functionality could make using MusicBee even more efficient.

Keep up the great work, MusicBee is a truly amazing application with a great community.
Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:59:21 AM by albr0x