Author Topic: two hotkey for one action?  (Read 3225 times)

Ansem

Hi at all guys :)
i need to have two hotkeys for some action: i want to use "multimedia: play /pause" with both the multimedia key,and ctrl+5.
how can i do that?

Zak

• Global Moderator
The entry for "Multimedia: Play/Pause" you've already found is specifically for dedicated multimedia keys.
There is also an entry "Playback: Play/Pause" to which could assign the Ctrl+5 shortcut.

Because the multimedia keys have their own entry these are the only commands that can have two different keyboard shortcuts.
Bee excellent to each other...

Ansem

The entry for "Multimedia: Play/Pause" you've already found is specifically for dedicated multimedia keys.
There is also an entry "Playback: Play/Pause" to which could assign the Ctrl+5 shortcut.

Because the multimedia keys have their own entry these are the only commands that can have two different keyboard shortcuts.
i went in hotkeys, and in "multimedia: play/pause" ctrl+5, and set it as global.
if i do that the multimedia key play/pause will not work :( the problem is that i need both this hotkey beacause i have a notebook, so when i'm with the notebook i use the numpad for control musicbee, but i use the mediakey when i'm with the keyboard

Pingaware

Read what Zak said. Set your multimedia keys to the "Multimedia: Play/Pause" hotkey and Ctrl+5 to the "Playback: Play/Pause" hotkey. Both will result in the same action happening.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Ansem

yeah sorry, my bad XD tahnks a lot, now it works :D