Author Topic: How do I move music from the Inbox into the general Library?  (Read 6672 times)

mygoodaccountname

I would like all of my music to be in one place, but I made the mistake of importing some music into the Inbox. How do I move it?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can drag and drop, or right click and go to Send To > Music Library
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

a2a

Is there a way to stop the scanner adding files to my library which I delete e.g. I've added a particularly directory to the library for ease of having the majority of stuff in the library within there; I've deleted albums I don't want in the library, but every time I load up Musicbee (I've deliberately set it to scan for new content on startup) it adds the files I've deleted back in to my inbox?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You would need to move those files out of the monitored folder. Otherwise MB will keep scanning them in.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

a2a

That would affect my filing collection?

Is there surely a way to 'mark file as ignore'?

Steven

• Administrator
the only way is to either permantly delete the files, move them to a folder that is not monitored, or move them to the library and activate a library filter with a condition that excludes them

a2a

Thanks for this info. I've tried to create a filter...

The files are within a particular folder, what filter should I use to exclude items within a certain path/directory? I've tried selecting:

New Filter > Path > Is Not > D:\Music\<this folder>

That doesn't seem to be working for me?

Pingaware

Try using "Does not contain" instead of "is not" if you want to use the folder path as shown there. For "is not" to work, you'd have to specify each individual filename.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

a2a

This is great - thank you - works perfectly. Appreciate the help and sharing the info :)