Author Topic: anyway to upmix to 7.1  (Read 2431 times)

Nplumb

Got a new PC loaded in an Asus Xonar DX2, it doesn't come with proper upmixing (it's upmix is essential tell windows you only have 2 speakers)
Musicbee thankfully has upmixing but only to 5.1, any chance that it can do 7.1 (tweaking a settings file or something?) currently I put it into wasapi mode which does output to all 8 speakers, but will cause issues in other programs/website (eg youtube) that need the soundcard so would rather use directsound boosted to 7.1 any help?

I added stoke-on-Trent UK and wolverhampton UK to my gig locations file (%appdata% songkick.dat) and would quite like to keep a tab of each city I follow open in musicbee, it works, but each time i restart the program it will reload all tabs as whatever the last one i edited was (eg all 3 as manchester UK, any chance that can be fixed?)

EDIT

I think I managed to do the 7.1 upmix via the ini in %appdata% changing
<PlayerUpmixChannelCount>6</PlayerUpmixChannelCount>

to
<PlayerUpmixChannelCount>8</PlayerUpmixChannelCount>

Is this right? It didn't work at first, i needed to disable stereo upmixing in the app first, exit app, then change it in the ini and relaunch, if i edited whilst it still said 6 (stereo upmix in app ticked) instead of 0 (even after relaunching app) it didn't pump out to the side channels oddly..... one off issue?
Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:01:19 PM by Nplumb