Author Topic: Auto remove Read-only attribute  (Read 2811 times)

francoteves

If someone uses the mp3tag software you always receive a notification to remove the read-only attribute so you don't have to take folder by folder and do it everytime you want to modify sth. This is really annoying (although musicbee is the best player ever seen) in musicbee when you rate of save a lyrics to the file and it is read-only and musicbee won't do it so you have to go to the folder and do it yourself and repeat the process of rating or copying the lyrics.  >:(

Thanks.

Zak

• Global Moderator
This was suggested a couple of months ago. I'm not sure if it was in its own thread though - I think it came up as the result of another question.
Bee excellent to each other...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1 for alerting users when a file they're trying to alter is read-only.  In the tag editor, it would just be written somewhere.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Vince3536

I want this to!
Nothing so frustrating as for instance rating an album and having to click cancel 15 times because all files appear to be read only.
We need a force write option (which is change the files to be writeable and continue the action you were doing)

phred

• Global Moderator
v3 has an alert window that pops up stating the file being edited is read only and should the changes still be saved.  I don't mind the extra clicks if editing all the tracks on an album as I feel MB is just making sure.  Much better than telling it to go ahead and change everything and then finding out something changed that should not have.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here