Author Topic: Adding new files to existing iTunes library.  (Read 1504 times)

henrykrinkle

Hello and thanks for this great software.  I've played around with it for a week or so and really like the customization - but it there's so much it can be a bit daunting at first.  I'm not yet ready to make a clean break from iTunes and have a question about library organization.  I imported my existing iTunes library without any major problems and everything seems to be working. 

My questions are:

1.  When adding new files to MB is there any way have them automatically imported into the iTunes library with all my existing files or must they go into the new MB folder?;

2.  When I'm ready to make a clean break should I just select "auto organize files" (thus importing everything into MB) and then delete the iTunes folder?

3.  Is there any way to have track number and total album track appear in the same field (i.e. "track 1 of 13") like in iTunes?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

redwing

If you intend to use the two programs at the same time, select one program to auto-organize, and make the other just read the files from existing location.

1. Add new files using iTunes, and never auto-organize with MB.
2. Yes, but you don't have to delete any iTunes folder. Just make sure they are empty after your music files were moved. After transition to MB, never auto-organize with iTunes. If you rip CDs or create different format with iTunes, they will go to iTunes folder.
3. Add both track# and track count columns to the main panel. Or create a virtual field (Preferences> Tags(1)> Define new tags) like "track <track#> of <track count>" and add it to the main panel.

henrykrinkle

Many thanks for the quick response.  I think I'll just pull the trigger and jettison iTunes.  That's what brought me to MB in the first place.  Thanks again.