Author Topic: another folder scanning question  (Read 1719 times)

mgh

Hello All,

I have been happily using MB for some time now, but every once in a while I have problems updating/scanning folder.

I have two separate folders selected to scan.  It appears that one scanned into the library, and one into inbox.  I have now made sure that new files are added to library, but I may have had this set up wrong before.  I thought maybe all I would need to do is drag files from inbox to library, but that did not work.  I drag and dropped a full album from inbox to library, but it does not show up in library.  When I go to "recently added" the album is displayed, but not in library.

Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?  I have everything set up in monitored folders, and under rescan for the correct folders.

Thanks!

edit: when I created a new library, and selected the same two folders, it appears everything was added to the library.  I did then check my preferences, and it did default to "add new files to inbox", so maybe that was what was confusing me?
Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:53:07 PM by mgh

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I thought maybe all I would need to do is drag files from inbox to library, but that did not work.  I drag and dropped a full album from inbox to library, but it does not show up in library.  When I go to "recently added" the album is displayed, but not in library.

Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?  I have everything set up in monitored folders, and under rescan for the correct folders.

Is it possible that you had your library filtered so that that album was hidden?  Filters can include library filters that you've configured, selections in the column browsers, or selections in the Library Explorer.  Also, did you just look in your library or perform a search?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

mgh

Well, I'm not sure what I did.  After creating the new library, I went back to the original one that had music in the inbox, and dragged music from there into "music", and it appeared in the list as I expected!  I then just dragged everything from "inbox" to "music, and it all transferred perfectly.

Still cannot see what I did any differently.

I had not done a search before, all I had done was go to "music" in the left pane, and look for the artist I had moved there.

Thanks for the response, much appreciated.