Author Topic: Floating Editor Size  (Read 5600 times)

Spike96

This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to change the size of the floating tag editor? The default size is way too small for me to use because everything is so condensed so I can't see a thing. This issue probably has something to do with my high PPI.

I'm talking about the window that opens up when you right click a track and click edit.

Thanks.

hiccup

Lately a couple of problematically small floating panels have gotten the option to enlarge them by dragging their corners with the mouse.
I also have been a strong advocate for this improvement.

But looking at the floating tag editor panel I don't see a big challenge myself.
Could you maybe post a screenshot to show what the problem is for you?

Spike96

Lately a couple of problematically small floating panels have gotten the option to enlarge them by dragging their corners with the mouse.
I also have been a strong advocate for this improvement.

But looking at the floating tag editor panel I don't see a big challenge myself.
Could you maybe post a screenshot to show what the problem is for you?

This is what I'm seeing:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7bR-BdnlSfOFd5aTJGU1otb2c/view?usp=sharing

I am unable to drag the corners of the window to increase the size, the cursor won't change when I hover over a corner.

Zak

• Global Moderator
There's definitely something wrong there - you're only seeing half the window.
You should raise this in the Bug forum, or ask a moderator to move this thread there.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
musicbee doesnt fully work well with high DPI screens. I will make some changes for the tag editor but no doubt there will be some other screens that dont work ideally

Steven

• Administrator
this has high dpi scaling for the tag editor
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Spike96

musicbee doesnt fully work well with high DPI screens. I will make some changes for the tag editor but no doubt there will be some other screens that dont work ideally

I've checked all the screens that I use frequently and the tag editor was the only problem. Thanks for your zip! It worked. Here's what it looks like now:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7bR-BdnlSfbFZUQUNleFYxTjQ/view?usp=sharing
Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:35:47 PM by Spike96

hiccup

Good to see you're satisfied.

Yet if I look at your screenshot I'm afraid Steven is going to have some headaches when more and more users are going to use hi-res displays in the future.

Spike96

Yep, I think that's true too. I think that implementing a way to drag the corners of the window could be a permanent solution to this problem.

hiccup

It looks more complicated than that.
To name a few problems I noticed from your latest screenshot:
The tabs don't have their text filled nicely, the previous/next buttons are cut-off, in the top left of the title bar the usual information about the selected file(s) is missing. (or maybe transparency working incorrectly here)
It's a pity Microsoft seems not to have anticipated very well on the progress of hi-res displays, and developers will have to put in lots of effort to correct this.

hiccup

PS,

What Windows version are you using?
MS claims most related problems should have been solved with 8.1?

Spike96

PS,

What Windows version are you using?
MS claims most related problems should have been solved with 8.1?

I'm using Windows 8.1.
Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:53:27 PM by Spike96

Steven

• Administrator
i've made a further update which should improve it a bit more. I will post a link later or tomorrow

Sofocl

MB 2.5.5490
Russian localization

Sorry for my bad English.

Steven

• Administrator
i've made a further update which should improve it a bit more. I will post a link later or tomorrow
unzip and replace the existing MusicBee files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r3eikeihmh3kkmq/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip