Author Topic: .dsf "Copy Failed - Specified method not supported" - Syncing to Portable Device  (Read 7946 times)

Storris

While syncing a random selection of tracks to my Android I am receiving "Copy Failed - Specified method not supported" error.

This only occurs when syncing .dsf files, all other file types sync without issue.

I am using Onkyo HF Player which plays .dsf as PCM.  I can copy, paste and play .dsf without issue.

I can convert to flac [etc...] but would prefer to just plug and play if possible.
Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:33:52 PM by Storris

Steven

• Administrator
there should be a more detailed message at the end of the error log (help/ support/ view error log) around the time you dd the synch.

Also if you click the "Preview" button in the synch panel, does it say the file will be converted?

Storris

Hi Steven, I can't find the help/support/view error log files anywhere, could you point me to them?

When Random Selection option is ticked, the 'Preview' panel's 4 columns give the following information on one line:

Artist-Title     Target Filename                                              Actions     Size
N/A               fill device with random selection of music     N/A           N/A

I sort of fixed the problem with a restart of MB, manually emptying my phone's Music folder and then rebooting & reconnecting the phone.
Reconnecting after manually emptying my phone's Music folder but without a phone reboot, led to other Copy Failed errors (some sort of H*** COM Error).

There are also occasional "Copy Failed, there is not enough space on disk" errors when syncing.  The 'delete legacy file' function appears to be lagging behind the 'copy new file' function.

PS, I started another thread asking for the ability to limit the size of Random Selection, in order to preserve some free space for other items, such as photos and new apps etc...
Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:24:41 AM by Storris

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi Steven, I can't find the help/support/view error log files anywhere, could you point me to them?

What Steven means is that you can open the error log by going to the Help menu, then Support submenu, and then clicking the "View Error Log" menu item.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Storris

Thank you psychoadept, my excuse is that I've not had to use it before...

I've uploaded an abridged copy of the log files containing the relevant errors to here - http://1drv.ms/1xWk094 - is an MS OneDrive link.

The first 'OP' error occurred 23 times in one 'Random Selection' sync session, and all were .dsf files.

The second error -

There are also occasional "Copy Failed, there is not enough space on disk" errors when syncing.  The 'delete legacy file' function appears to be lagging behind the 'copy new file' function.

occurred rather more frequently, but I'm unable to attribute these to a single sync attempt.  File types were mixed but mostly .dsf

Thank you.

Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:52:58 PM by Storris

Steven

• Administrator
for the error with DSD files, thats fixed for the next v2.5 update
For the out of space issue, thats an issue with your device. I have increased the amount of buffer space left free with the synch function that might help

Storris

Thanks Steven.  Is it possible to ensure the buffer takes account of .dsf files it might pick up.  If 3 or 4 encode/copy processes are working concurrently, and if each picked the largest available file, there would need to be at least 2.5GB of empty space to ensure a successful sync.  A 'Random Selection' size limit might also help towards this.

Steven

• Administrator

Storris

And that's even better.  First playlist sync with the update was 10GB, approximately 300 tracks including 22 .dsf, and all went through.  I'll be sending a beer or two when I can.