Author Topic: [empty] in artist column  (Read 3743 times)

imdaleaf

what exactly does this mean?  every single song in my library is here despite all my tags being correct.
http://puu.sh/ecf69/92c22fe8ce.png

imdaleaf

ok think i figured it out. noticed a plus symbol in front of of the artist when i hit the dot dot dot next to the artist and save it it is no longer empty. got a question tho, i have a pretty large library, around 7000 songs. anyway i can do this for all of them quickly without having to go artist by artist?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Could you provide a screenshot of what's actually going on in the tags for these files?  Tag Inspector would be best.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

imdaleaf

i was cleaning up all my tag inspector tags to just hold on to the basics and thats when the problem happened. ended up using mp3 tag to resave all the artists and it seemed to have fixed it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
great, glad you worked it out
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

imdaleaf

My initial fix with mp3 tag wasn't what actually fixed it. I tried so many different things that I thought that was it until the problem came up again. When you are deleting your extra ID3v2 or APEv2 tags (stuff that isn't really standard from what i can tell, be it comments, itunes tags etc. etc.), you may get an [empty] column in your your column browser. The fix is to highlight all the files you just deleted the tags from, right click then hit edit. After that you will notice 3 dots next to your artist, click it. You will get a window that pops up named "multiple artist splitter". Leave the fields under the splitter blank and update. After this happens every one of your artists name will be untagged. After you do this go to edit on the top of your music bee and hit undo for all the files you just untagged. This will fix it. Hope this helps anybody that has had this issue.
Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:05:47 AM by imdaleaf