Author Topic: Getting track times  (Read 3188 times)

jr

WMP finally managed to corrupt my library for the last time (only about 150 albums) so I am now a newbie to Musicbee and am finding my way around ok.
However when I imported my music into Musicbee it lost the artwork and track times. Getting the artwork no problem, but how can I get track times.
I can get the info up with auto tagger but the 0.00 in RED has me beat; is there a way to get the track times on to the library.
Help would be much appreciated

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Welcome to the forum!

You shouldn't need to tag track duration, it will be automatically detected.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jr

Unfortunately it is not picking up track times from original files. I can not import from wmp as it seems to be giving a corrupted file which sounds like an echo and is also a bit slowed down. Importing from original files seems fine from accoustic point of view but lacks the tags.
Does this mean I will have to re-rip if I want track times?

Thanks for responding so quickly; any other thoughts?

Steven

• Administrator
from how you are describing the issue then it sounds like there is some corruption in the files and if you want to use musicbee you would need to re-rip the tracks, although it does sound implausible to me that they are all like that.
Its possible other players might be able to read the track time for these files

jr

Thanks for advice; yes all the files behaved like this.
One last question; if I can get the album up in auto tagger, with the correct track times, is there no way to get these on to the 'library' file?

Steven

• Administrator
no
would you mind sending me a PM with a link to one of the files - you dont have to but i am curious why no time is being read
Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 07:24:55 PM by Steven

jr

SUCCESS!
I rescanned all my audio files with WMP properly disabled and the track times came up (as they should).
I am fairly sure I tried this before with no joy, but put it down to newbie-itis.

Many thanks for help, apologies for wasting time.