Author Topic: "Playing Track" location on screen when shuffling  (Read 4036 times)

Songbird

Love this program, it kicks the crud out of the others. Just one little annoyance which I hope can be resolved.

When shuffling tracks, the location of the Playing Track randomly changes from the very top of the list to the very bottom of the list. Is there any way we can have it pinned to the top each time instead of jumping randomly?

If there is already a workaround, I would love to know it. Couldn't find anything in my search.

Thanks!

Pingaware

Instead of turning on shuffle, you can put a bunch of tracks on the now playing list, then right click on one of the tracks and choose List>Shuffle List. This has the same effect as listening on shuffle, but MB plays the shuffled sequence in order instead.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Songbird

That's an interesting solution.

I am used to shuffling through the entire database and then stopping when I get to the band or album that fits the moment. Once I found where I am feeling I will listen to the whole album or more of that artist. Having a completely shuffled list would not allow me to do that. Thanks for the reply though.

Are there any other solutions?

Pingaware

What you want can't be currently done I'm afraid. The now playing list doesn't really work in the way you want - you can remove played tracks from it using the "Prune played tracks" option under Preferences>Now Playing, but that's about as close as you're going to come. The list remains static and so you can't keep the played track constantly at the top on shuffle mode as that would break the "static-ness" (yeah, that's not a word...).
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Songbird

Thank you very much for the replies.

It would be great if this setting could be added to the software. I am guessing it can be done, just needs to be programmed in.

redwing

+1

If this is to be done, please consider the following.

- Track Details view: when grouped, the top line should be the first track of the group instead of the playing track (e.g. if grouped by album, top line would be track #1 of the album when the playing track is #5)
- Album & Tracks view: just like the above, the top line should be the first track of the album instead of the playing track.
- Artwork view: would be great if the expanded panel gets open and shows the playing track even when grouped by (album) artist.