Author Topic: Keep losing LastFM Connection, and multiple scrobbles  (Read 3320 times)

dylstew

Since today, whenever listening to a song, it keeps losing it's connection to LastFM, even though accoarding to LastFM Status everything is fine and the website works fine. I keep trying to reconnect, and then it eventually scrobbles songs multiple times, even though I listened to them once. Is there anything I can do about this? :c

Steven

• Administrator
i have the same advice every time someone reports this (perhaps you could google the forum next time reporting an issue)
- check the scrobble log for the error (help/ support/ view scrobble log)
- report the error to last.fm on the last.fm forum

Steven

• Administrator
i saw your post on the last.fm forum and i dont think you have made things very clear at all.
you need to locate the error in the scrobble log - if its like everyone else who has reported this it will be error 16
when this happens the last.fm guidelines states that the file should be re-scrobbled the next time. However in practice this often will cause duplicate scrobbles

ZzzZombi

I have the exact same problem with the deferred error. However I'm currently scrobbling to last.fm using spotify without problems. I'm using the latest 2.5.5469 version. I've checked and MusicBee.exe connects to 195.24.232.205 which is last.fm in england. So there are no connection problems.

I guess it's last.fm acting weird.

Steven

• Administrator
i'm getting really annoyed about this. I think what i will do is create a sticky.

Its entirely up to last.fm whether it accepts a scobble or not. MusicBee simply reflects any error returned by last.fm. If there is an error where the last.fm guidance says to retry then MusicBee will defer and retry to scrobble on the next restart.
The status of whether a track is scrobbled or defered with any error code returned by last.fm is logged in Help/ Support/ View Scrobble Log. If its error code 16, a number of users have reported that the track will be scrobbled twice. However the last.fm guidance states the track should be rescrobbled so i wont change that.

I believe the reason some other applications work when MusicBee doesnt is because they are using the old version of the API. It can also be the case sometimes where MusicBee is sucessful and other applications are not so it works both ways.

I have approached last.fm to get a application id so MusicBee can use the old scrobbling API which seems many times more reliable the new API they replaced it with. Unfortunately they have not responded so there isnt much i can do about this

ZzzZombi

Sorry, I didn't mean to annoy you or anything. Thanks for replying. I understand it's up to last.fm, that's why I said It's probably last.fm acting weird. Also thanks for all your work.

Again, I'm truly sorry if I annoyed you in any way.