Author Topic: File Rescan Missing?  (Read 28836 times)

hiccup

I don't see a dialog after rescan. Isn't that applied to inbox tracks? Or rescanning files & rescanning folders work differently?

It's working quite well here, but I can confirm there is only a dialogue at restart, not when invoking a 'file rescan' manually.

Also after scanning the status bar only states: 'File rescan has completed'
Maybe it could be possible that it can also mention if, and how many files were removed or added?

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

OK. That's what's happening. But it doesn't make any differences whether I select (refresh) or not the folder from computer node to rescan it. Those tracks are listed in the main panel(inbox) when I execute rescan folder from computer node.
BTW I noticed the contents of the computer node gets updated in real time without having to rescan.

hiccup

see my previous post

Hm, indeed.
And the the Inbox count is then also not refreshed. (but is corrected again after a restart with accompanying dialogue)

Steven

• Administrator
the inbox count wont have changed because the files you moved probably were not displayed in the main panel and so would not have been included

redwing

So rescan folders is working fine (without rescanning moved files because it can't). Only it fails to compare and update inbox content thereafter.

hiccup

I think am slowly getting it.

Another thing, when trying to create a shortcut for the 'File Rescan' we are talking about now, I found two shortcuts which seemed appropriate:

- File: Scan folders for new files
- General: rescan file tags

If I am correct, the first one will do a complete library scan [Ins]
The second one seems to do the job, but then the naming is now a bit misleading?

redwing

Also there's "General: Refresh + Rescan Monitored Folders" command. Because of the changes in rescanning in general, they all will need to sort out.

Steven

• Administrator
i will change the right click/ Send To/ Rescan Files so that when done on a computer folder it does a folder comparison rather than using the displayed files. So then missing files from the folder should always be detected

Steven

• Administrator
this has the enhanced folder Rescan as described:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

also note i have decided to include Delete and Rename detection in the continuous monitoring which should be done soon

redwing

Thanks! Now rescanning folder detects missing files from inbox.

BTW file rescan from context menu works fine, but its hotkey gives the error:

6.1.7601.65536 - 2.5.5497.32350 - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=ql3bAbaNJ474uJPJigJa6s8wGxB_v17DAc$vCFngV8a4=.#=q0pBvf6uv8zlUjC67h_ckwg==(ApplicationCommand #=qZtDFrnhV$ZC8QQ4tWZ9YNQ==, Object #=qlGTmZZiLtXsXavyQ$TIMVA==)

Also, pressing the hotkey for File: Rescan Monitored Folders seems doing nothing. Does that work properly?

Steven

• Administrator
the hotkey bug is fixed for the next update (download link is now updated). The "File: Rescan Monitored Folders" hotkey is working for me
Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:23:50 PM by Steven

redwing

Thanks! the hokey's working fine now. Also I was able to see "File: Rescan Monitored Folders" hotkey was working fine.

hiccup

This now all seems to work very well.

A few fields now have been changed and/or renamed, such as:
General: rescan file tags
General: Refresh + Rescan Monitored Folders
(and maybe a few more?)

As a reminder, please add these changes to the next translator file?

edit,
And as I believe suggested (and Wished) before, I also support that the word 'Search' here would better be replaced by 'Find'. (or 'Locate')
Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:16:05 PM by hiccup

redwing

Would be helpful if running "File: Rescan Monitored Folders" command showed progress on the status bar like "Scanning folders..."