Author Topic: File Rescan Missing?  (Read 28841 times)

Steven

• Administrator
this has the file scanning/ continuous monitoring changes as described above
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

hiccup

First response after a quick try:

I have 1 folder setup as a monitored Inbox folder.
When I deleted files from that folder through MS Explorer, and then restart MB, the new functionality seems to work well, and the Inbox count is correct again after confirming deletion from Library.

But when I deleted those tracks through MS Explorer, and then perform a file rescan of the concerning folder through the computer browser in the left panel, the track count at the Inbox is not updated. (it is updated correctly though at the status bar at the bottom of the main panel)

So:
1. could Inbox track count please also be updated after a rescan?
2. could you create the option to right-click on the Inbox, performing 'rescan Inbox'?

edit:
I do experience one small problem, which is that after restarts, MB keeps asking to remove a specific file which I already confirmed to be deleted from library.
When I can give more specific info on when/why that could be happening I 'll re-report.

hiccup

And one thing I noticed that is a bit confusing:
I have an MP4 audio file present in that same folder.
At every restart MB now says it was not found at it's expected location, and asks if it should be removed.

(I understand part of the reason is that MB by default categorizes MP4 as a video file, which can be overruled in settings panel, but this will be difficult to find and understand for newbees)
Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 05:11:54 PM by hiccup

Steven

• Administrator
1. could Inbox track count please also be updated after a rescan?
that should be handled for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
I do experience one small problem, which is that after restarts, MB keeps asking to remove a specific file which I already confirmed to be deleted from library.
is it an mp4 or video file?

hiccup

is it an mp4 or video file?

It's an mp4 audio file.
(Which MusicBee won't play anyway)

Steven

• Administrator
in that case it should be fixed if you redownload the updated version

redwing

While MB is open, moved two inbox tracks from a continuously monitored folder to an un-monitored folder using Windows Explorer.
Ran file rescan for the monitored folder from computer node. But the two tracks are still listed in inbox. To make MB recognize they are no longer there, it's required either to attempt to play those tracks or restart MB. Is this expected?

Steven

• Administrator
the continuous monitor does not detect deleted or files moved using v2.5
It should be detected on next startup.
If you ran a File Rescan before restarting then i need check why they were not removed from the Inbox

edit:
its working fine for me. Can you reconfirm
Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:14:06 PM by Steven

redwing

But you said:

right click/ Send To/ Rescan Files
- if < 64 files are being rescanned or [(new to the next version) if >= 64 files and the file modification date has changed], then the file is rescanned and the library cache is updated. Previously all the files selected were fully rescanned but that can take a very long time for a large number of files and hence the change
- if any of the selected files being scanned are missing, a dialog displays prompting to remove the files from the library (new to the next version)

I don't see a dialog after rescan. Isn't that applied to inbox tracks? Or rescanning files & rescanning folders work differently?

redwing

Rescanning all inbox tracks does show the dialog. Then rescanning folders might not work properly.

Steven

• Administrator
its working fine for me when rescanning from the computer folder node. Could you reconfirm - perhaps you didnt rescan the correct folder?

redwing

Not working. I tried several times. And made sure updated to the latest version.

Steven

• Administrator
the Send To/ File Rescan function only works on the selected files or displayed files when done from the Left navigator. As you moved the files out of the scope of what you are rescanning they wont be checked if you had refreshed the computer folder in MusicBee ie. if the files were not displayed in the main panel