Author Topic: No custom icons for virtual devices any more  (Read 3862 times)

boroda

I noticed that in MB 2.5.5476 large and small custom icons provided by virtual devices (eg iPod driver) are replaced by low-res 'standard' device icon. Is this intentional?

Steven

• Administrator
is the plugin providing an icon via making the GetIcon() method available in the plugin or populating it via the DeviceIcon64 field in the device properties structure. On first glance it does not look like the DeviceIcon64 is being read so i will fix that. You should change the actual bitmap size to 96x96 for good quality on the new device synch dialog

edit:
its fixed for the next update. You still might want to increase the size for a future release
Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 08:40:31 AM by Steven

boroda

Suggest thats not you wanted. And,yes, I've implemented in iPod Driver and Google Music plugins GetIcon() method which returns 12x12 px icon (I've found that this size is most appropriate for LH panel).

Steven

• Administrator

boroda

Hmmm.... Could you display icon returned by GetIcon() method instead of standard icon in the LH panel?
Thanks in advance.

In the sync panel large custom icon is displayed what is fine.

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
it will show the generic icon if there is a problem with the GetIcon method in the plugin
i tried with your ipod plugin and the plugin is throwing a null reference exception.
However what i will do for a future release is resize the large icon if that happens

Steven

• Administrator
actually it was my fault. I have re-uploaded the latest version