Author Topic: Provide custom artist pictures using a plugin?  (Read 6579 times)

mless

I'd like to use my own pictures for the artist gallery. I have no problem writing a plugin to do this, if it is possible.
After looking briefly at the API I understand this is not currently feasible? If so, would you consider adding this functionnality to the plugin API?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure this is already supported.  Search the forum for discussions of artist pictures; you can even point MB to a particular folder, I think, as long as the images are named correctly for it to find them.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

mless

Ok, the only thing I could achieve was providing a single picture with the exact name of the artist and it would show that picture, only when in single artist picture mode. I'd like to use the "Artist Photo Gallery" option and provide multiple pictures. I'll keep looking...

mless

I have not found a way to provide my own pictures for the Artist Photo Gallery... If anyone knows of a way please let me know! Thanks!

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Ok, the only thing I could achieve was providing a single picture with the exact name of the artist and it would show that picture, only when in single artist picture mode. I'd like to use the "Artist Photo Gallery" option and provide multiple pictures. I'll keep looking...

I have not found a way to provide my own pictures for the Artist Photo Gallery... If anyone knows of a way please let me know! Thanks!

when you save your images as "exact name of the artist".jpg,  add an underscore and a number and you can have multiple pics.
eg:  "exact name of the artist".jpg
       "exact name of the artist"_1.jpg
       "exact name of the artist"_2.jpg

Also note that if have more than 10 pics you want to use and keep in order, you will need to number them as "_01", "_02", etc.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

mless

I have already tried that, but I just tried again and I managed to see some of my pictures.
I thought it didn't work before because MusicBee keeps using internet pictures mixed with my own. How do I disable that so it uses only my pictures?  I tried unchecking everything in Preferences -> Tags (2) -> Artwork providers, but it doesn't work...

Thanks for your help!

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
The option is in the preferences for the "modern" compact player.
Untick "retrieve web pictures"
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

mless

Layout (2) -> Compact Player -> Configure Panel -> Background feature -> Retrieve Web Pictures.
It is already unchecked and it stills shows web pictures.

redwing

Layout (2) -> Compact Player -> Configure Panel -> Background feature -> Retrieve Web Pictures.
It is already unchecked and it stills shows web pictures.

Update your MB to the latest version as I remember there's a bug in previous versions at some point.

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Unzip and overwrite everything to your MB program folder.

mless

I was at version 2.5.5468. I updated to this patched version (2.5.5472) and the web pictures still show! Could it be a bug?

Why is this option in the Compact Player settings when my artist pictures are showing in the full player?

redwing

It's working fine for me. Make sure your artist picture location is correctly set up under Preferences> Tags (1).

Why is this option in the Compact Player settings when my artist pictures are showing in the full player?

Playing track panel also has the same setting.

Do you mean "Artist photo gallery" in left sidebar? That panel is not controlled by this setting, always retrieving web pictures.
Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:06:47 PM by redwing

mless

I have the Artist Photo Gallery showing in the left sidebar of the main player: Layout (1) -> Left Sidebar -> Show picture.
I guess the options for the Compact Player and the Playing track panel have no effect in this case.

The artist picture location is set up correctly because it uses my pictures (but it also uses web pictures).

redwing

Then I'd suggest you create a new thread on the wishlist board.