Author Topic: Ripping to laptop HD and then transferring to external HD...how to.  (Read 2117 times)

chobson

Happy Thanksgiving! Brand new to MB and I love it so far. I'm just beginning to transfer my entire music catalog (CDs, albums, and RTR tapes) to digital. I am going to have them all on a (backed up) external drive. I take my laptop to work and will be able to do some burning there. I want to burn to the laptop HD and then, when I'm home, move all the files to the external HD - and have MB recognize that as the new location. I realize this is probably very easy and I should be able to figure it out, but any help appreciated. Point me to the right place on the Wiki and I'm good...
Thanks, Chuck

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think the wiki is a little out of date on that point (my fault), but what you want is the Move to Organized Folder command, which is in the right click menu in the main panel (Send To > Folder (Move) > Organized Folder).  If you have any trouble figuring it out, don't hesitate to ask.  Screenshots usually help in figuring out what's wrong.

This page will help you create your desired file/folder structure on the external drive: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Template
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

chobson

Meant to thank you! Using the Move to Organised Folder makes this completely painless. I burn CDs to the laptop at work, correct the metadata in MusicBee, then at home move everything from the C: drive to my external hard drive and I'm ready to go again. Perfect.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad to help!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)