Author Topic: Can not enable musicbee in windows explorer and context menus on Windows 8.1 Pro  (Read 5435 times)

KeyserSoze

I am using the portable version of MusicBee, I just did a complete format and installed Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and then installed MusicBee Protable v2.4.5404.

I then Run MusicBee Protable as Administrator go to Edit>Preferences>General I put tick in "enable musicbee in windows explorer and context menus" click Select All >click Apply> click Save I restated Windows but nothing changes.

What am I doing wrong? I had all the context menus working on Windows 7 Pro x64 ie: Queue Next, Queue Last etc. etc. but not in Windows 8.1.

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated,
                                                                Bryan

KeyserSoze

UPDATE:

If I click on a Folder I get the windows explorer and context menus but if I click on a file .mp3 or .m4a I DO NOT.

Again Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated,
Bryan

phred

• Global Moderator
I see the same behavior in Windows 7 as you're experiencing.  Right-click on a folder shows the MB items.  Right-click on a mp3 does not.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

KeyserSoze

phred,
Here's what I get in Win7 Pro x64 new Portable install today then updated to v2.5.5447.

KeyserSoze

YAAAAA!!!   I finally figured it out. 

1. You have to run MusicBee as Admin and disable context menus, close MusicBee…
2. Right click on xxx.mp3 and choose Open With > Choose Default Player and set to Windows Media Player I also did it for xxx.m4a
3. Open MusicBee as Admin and enable context menus, close MusicBee…
4. Right click on xxx.mp3 and choose Open With > Choose Default Player and set to MusicBee…Same for xxx.m4a files…
5. BINGO!!! All context menus work.