Author Topic: dlna to roberts 83i  (Read 2601 times)

johnnyboy

Having installed the dlna plugin I can see my Samsung bdh6500 Blu-ray player and my pioneer wireless speaker but not my Roberts 83i. I have tried tweaking the plugin settings with no luck.
Its the Roberts that I mainly want to use.
Any help would be appreciated

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Following the instructions and supplying the info that Steven asks for in the first post of the "UPnP/ DLNA device support" thread on the plugins forum will make it easier to provide help.

If your device is not being detected then first check with some other software which you know works with your device. If you cannot get the plugin to work or are getting odd behavior, then enable the debug log which is an option in the configuration screen and after restarting MusicBee send me the log file that is generated when playing a track. Keep in mind I have only implemented access from within your home network for now, so if you are trying to communicate outside the network it wont work.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

johnnyboy

I see what you are saying but if I cant detect the Roberts radio then I wont be able to play a file to it so there wont be any log file.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
I see what you are saying but if I cant detect the Roberts radio then I wont be able to play a file to it so there wont be any log file.

Until you try it, you can't be certain that there won't be something useful in the log file for Steven.
Maybe attempted connections?
Just 'cause it doesn't show up, doesn't mean that some communication wasn't occurring between the MB plugin and the Roberts.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
The log file will record attempts to connect, along with other data.  If you don't provide Steven with the log file, you shouldn't expect any help in getting your issue resolved.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here