Author Topic: MP3 ratings not saved to file?  (Read 3837 times)

Blue Proteus

I've got my MP3's on OneDrive (although I could just as well be on Google Drive or DropBox, etc.) so I can listen to music and assign ratings from home or at work. But when I assign a rating to a song at work, and get home and start up MusicBee, there's no rating on that song.

How are ratings stored? Are they actually saved to the info in the file itself, or is it saved to some external file or database?

Trying to figure out why it won't sync.

Thanks

Zak

• Global Moderator
How are ratings stored? Are they actually saved to the info in the file itself, or is it saved to some external file or database?
Edit > Preferences > Tags (1) (I think,or maybe Tags (2))

There's a checkbox to "Save ratings to file", or something similar. I think it's disabled by default.
Bee excellent to each other...

Blue Proteus

Figured it out!

Ok, came back to post this in case anyone else was having this issue. I should have figured it out sooner, but you know how that goes.

In order to have the same files at home and at work (for instance) after you've done things like deleted some files you don't like anymore, or done a star rating on others, is you have to RESCAN the directory where you store your music.

I keep mine on OneDrive, and now when I go home or go to work, I just press the Insert key to bring up the re-scan/add files dialog.
Make sure to check the boxes next to "remove dead links" and "re-scan files already in the library".

This will update everything, including ratings you've made.  ;D