Author Topic: Playlist Mixers  (Read 5774 times)

Pingaware

Does anyone know the condition required to get a playlist mixer to loop correctly upon playing? Sometimes I queue mine and they work fine, while at other times, I have to keep on queuing them at the end of every cycle, which rather defeats the purpose of the mixer.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Steven

• Administrator
is there anything in the error log around the time this happens?

Pingaware

Good shout (potentially). I've got a large number of error messages along these lines in the log:

15/12/2014 19:31:23 - 6.1.7601.65536 - 2.5.5461.35277 - System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to compare two elements in the array. ---> System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
   at System.Number.FormatInt32(Int32 value, String format, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at #=qN$uPk1RjSSIHqx69ocqsbjrhbEybCDXufCb42QZIueO6iM6LRHcJvC6DVeKFyVTu.#=qMP$1_lqmuS17G1zamSjKhA==(Boolean #=qdLvb9kiR2E6e_hLin985Jw==)
   at #=qo4SC_S3ZzUEQtquMz5OMfU8nHwin4SDRyEjS4qP0pI2iagpbKizOPOeIaLhQtMlT.#=qlBuWSNCRj0GCCb0ee8tMLA==(#=qCXuDbbg5_wvV$WTF7bhxdfY0EsXpHoslctC$Vq4yIGZpgjmwsUSd9C7FTD2BmplA #=qwXdpZ$gJQA8dht4sGYyGJw==, #=qCXuDbbg5_wvV$WTF7bhxdfY0EsXpHoslctC$Vq4yIGZpgjmwsUSd9C7FTD2BmplA #=q5bSZ0o6H7DYxJBbhqGXEgg==, TagCode #=qxrvbiV_lwBEOYYctgUwv_Q==, SortOrder #=qRtjjbJAdokQzBYx7BFWE3A==)
   at #=qofFJzLaWBiLVSSp4ihCXUarsOx3kYdVIY_kXAtUZP9Y=.#=qFt73CKebqXkBmTDpdjxl318R3yQBdlTlmARP9VHk_ck=.Compare(#=qBag0J7IiY1Xe9pTKlGwks7ppeTNxFUurT8enGDJ70Og= #=qvRKvvIDr_lJAkrNSPkV3AA==, #=qBag0J7IiY1Xe9pTKlGwks7ppeTNxFUurT8enGDJ70Og= #=qlE7Z71nYumApKRAY5FgfSw==)
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.SwapIfGreater(T[] keys, IComparer`1 comparer, Int32 a, Int32 b)
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.DepthLimitedQuickSort(T[] keys, Int32 left, Int32 right, IComparer`1 comparer, Int32 depthLimit)
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.DepthLimitedQuickSort(T[] keys, Int32 left, Int32 right, IComparer`1 comparer, Int32 depthLimit)
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Array.Sort[T](T[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Array.Sort[T](T[] array, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at #=qEfS6YdgBlbNG4OGfJXRKNDnWsqdZqkWV7PWne2nJBH8=.#=qtmA4ZBISmrH5ohyeF1JKtQ==.#=q51stGu37AYkj2Tbc2WoQJA==._Lambda$__9(Object #=q0c5alRi$u66ySG6cwVAurg==)

Based on my listening habits, and judging by the time of that one, I think they're probably related to when I'm using my playlist mixers.

Steven

• Administrator
i think that might be a red-herring as that just means the sort operation was being aborted. I have improved the error logging as there is no need to log that. Is there any other errors around the time?
If not i will need to give you a debug version

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Does anyone know the condition required to get a playlist mixer to loop correctly upon playing?

I found that if you use 'Play Now' or 'Play Shuffled' they will repeat, but if you use 'Queue Next' or 'Queue Last' the repeating is not so certain.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Pingaware

There's this one, which is different but from the same time. I imagine it might be the sort order thing again though, given that it starts with the same text.

15/12/2014 19:31:23 - 6.1.7601.65536 - 2.5.5461.35277 - System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to compare two elements in the array. ---> System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
   at System.String.IndexOf(Char value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
   at #=qo4SC_S3ZzUEQtquMz5OMfU8nHwin4SDRyEjS4qP0pI2iagpbKizOPOeIaLhQtMlT.#=q4WhPkcM59ZHnSWql2pirlg==(String #=q4ToztW9pSghJL_yraSZ4NA==, String #=q3eIWnVeUULjZh8sjr_drSg==)
   at #=qo4SC_S3ZzUEQtquMz5OMfU8nHwin4SDRyEjS4qP0pI2iagpbKizOPOeIaLhQtMlT.#=qWLaCPXCNjDzN0k9l2zZUFExorSD_HW_pOog_UpD0W04=(#=qCXuDbbg5_wvV$WTF7bhxdfY0EsXpHoslctC$Vq4yIGZpgjmwsUSd9C7FTD2BmplA #=qanq5P4vyBDXqfoV2Yee1_Q==, #=qCXuDbbg5_wvV$WTF7bhxdfY0EsXpHoslctC$Vq4yIGZpgjmwsUSd9C7FTD2BmplA #=qnzyQy1Hbg5Nq22yHzT8D7Q==, TagCode #=qC3FNvJMVr_j3UbFw_hByHQ==, SortOrder #=q_LWjxYAp8DJCK8433cv7mw==)
   at #=qofFJzLaWBiLVSSp4ihCXUarsOx3kYdVIY_kXAtUZP9Y=.#=qFt73CKebqXkBmTDpdjxl318R3yQBdlTlmARP9VHk_ck=.Compare(#=qBag0J7IiY1Xe9pTKlGwks7ppeTNxFUurT8enGDJ70Og= #=qvRKvvIDr_lJAkrNSPkV3AA==, #=qBag0J7IiY1Xe9pTKlGwks7ppeTNxFUurT8enGDJ70Og= #=qlE7Z71nYumApKRAY5FgfSw==)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Array.Sort[T](T[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at System.Array.Sort[T](T[] array, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at #=qEfS6YdgBlbNG4OGfJXRKNDnWsqdZqkWV7PWne2nJBH8=.#=qtmA4ZBISmrH5ohyeF1JKtQ==.#=q51stGu37AYkj2Tbc2WoQJA==._Lambda$__9(Object #=q0c5alRi$u66ySG6cwVAurg==)

I can send you my whole error log if needs be. As ever, I'm also happy to run a debug version (might delete my extensive error log first though!)

Pingaware

Here we go, just got an occurrence. The only thing that happened before I clicked play now was my auto-report starting. The auto-report was taking place when it started to play, and it did not repeat. Additionally, no subsequent "Play Now"s made it repeat either.

Steven

• Administrator
i will have to give you a debug version which i will do in the next day or so

Steven

• Administrator
Are you still having problems with this? For the next update i have made a small change but if it still happens then let me know

unzip and replace the existing MusicBee files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r3eikeihmh3kkmq/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 07:15:08 PM by Steven

Pingaware

I have still experienced it once or twice. It's quite irregular, so I'll give it a few weeks testing and report if it fails.

Pingaware

I'm afraid this is still happening Steven (assuming that 2.5.5491 is the correct version to be testing with). Happy to run a debug version when one has been prepared.

Steven

• Administrator
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vs18y7pou29y9e3/MusicBeeDebug.zip
send me the error log when it happens - if you can remember also let me know the approx time you started the mixer when it happens

Steven

• Administrator
i am resonably confident i know the issue now (mixer being started via queue next/ last) - this should fix that.
Unzip and replace the existing musicbee files:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip