Author Topic: Synchronise not deleting empty folders?  (Read 2129 times)

LunaTech

When I sync my mp3 player with MB I find if I change a files info so it moves to a new folder it still keeps the old folder.
Ex:
[2006] Keasby Nights 320Kbs
to
[2006] Keasby Nights

The old folder still hangs around on my mp3 player. I thought it removed emptied folders? Or is that only for the MB library.

Steven

• Administrator
for synching in v2.4 it should clean up empty folders but only to 1 level above where the file resides.
I did make a change in the latest v2.5 to go up more levels if those folders are also empty

unzip and replace the existing files
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

LunaTech

Just gave it another test and still no go.
I should have said this earlier, but here is how I'm syncing.

I synchronise Selected Playlists
Auto-sync settings are "Delete tracks not on list" and "Confirm Deletion"

My Music Files Template is:
<SortPrefix>\$Group($Sort(<Album Artist>),1)\$Sort(<Album Artist>)\$IsNull(<Year>,"[YEAR] ",[<Year (yyyy)>"] ")$IsNull(<Album>,ALBUM,$Trim(<Album>))\$IsNull(<Disc-Track#>,,<Disc-Track#>) - <Title>

To reproduce the issue I just renamed an Album to "<Album>Test" and synced my device. Sure enough, I get two folders, "<Album>" and "<Album>Test".

Is it because I'm using playlists to sync my device?
I'll try using the folders options if I can figure out how to do more than one folder.

Update:
Tried syncing only selected folders and still, the old sync folder is not being deleted.

Also, I tried removing the album. When it deletes the songs it removes the folder. So it's only an issue when the files move folders.
Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:40:55 PM by LunaTech

Steven

• Administrator
i've included rename actions in the folder cleanup.

unzip and replace the existing files
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

if you start getting a lot of errors on file naming actions please let me know as MB is using a new and faster api to move files now
Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:07:34 PM by Steven

LunaTech

The rename action now works fine. Also, I had no errors on file naming actions.