Author Topic: Sort folders by creation date/time  (Read 4722 times)

bejjj

Hello,

Here is a simple question (or feature wish!) :

lnminente

I use the library filters for that. In the left panel, right click in library, manage filters. You can create a new filter with the rule Date added\is in the last\1 month for example. With the view Album and tracks does a good work. Hope it helps.

Also there is an autoplaylist which can be shown in Album and tracks mode too selecting the view in the icon at right of the location bar.
Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:48:38 PM by lnminente

bejjj

> I use the library filters for that. In the left panel, right click in library, manage filters.
> You can create a new filter with the rule Date added\is in the last\1 month for example.

I like the "Computer" view, because we can directly browse the hard disk , with its folders.
But you're right, it works with Library + Filters! Thanks a lot for this solution !
Do you think there is a solution for sorting the folders by "creation date" in computer view ?

> Also there is an autoplaylist which can be shown in Album and tracks mode too selecting the view
> in the icon at right of the location bar.
Sorry I don't understand, would you have a screenshot?
What does this autoplaylist do ?

lnminente

We can use your image:
-The playlist is at the left pannel, under playlists, and its name is "Recently added"
-For changing the view, the buttom i say is the one at the top bar, between the black box with the path of your folder and the white box for searching.

Sorry for my english, if don't understand i send you a new image.

bejjj

If we could sort the folders by Creation date (in the Computer bottom left side panel),  it would be even     better!

What do you think of this feature for next release ?

lnminente

I'm not the developer of MusicBee ;D. Steven is the brain of this!

carufel

This topic has been started on April 12, 2012. By now, this is almost three years ago.
The reason to implement this depicted need of 'sorting by date' is clear and would be very usefull as bejjj pointed out with his initial post.
I wonder if there is a chance that this simple feature would be implemented (soon).

Please rethink about it.