Author Topic: Display all tracks in AlbumArtist if it contains Artist  (Read 5046 times)

slimpyman

Having a  large collection of my music "album artists" contain Various Artists, or Original soundtrack,  (like compilations, top 100s, etc) when im in the Album Artist Artwork view,  it would be cool if when i clicked on the "album artist" picture, the displayed tracks could in addition show the Album artist tracks, but also show the tracks if the Artist field contained the "album artist".

so with the hip hop artists, when I click for example, Eminem when in Album artist view, displayed tracks would show in addition to the "album artist" Eminem, it would display any tracks if the Artist field contained "Eminem".    so if he wasnt the album artist, he would still pop up.

Just to make it easier sifting through the Various Artist, Original Soundtrack Album artists.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You will get exactly this if you use artist instead of album artist.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

slimpyman

The thing with displaying Artist, is Any unique field lends to its own listing, so if there is A track with 3 artists, one with 2 artists,  they each get their own listing...  So I will have like possibly 8 listings for one "artist", where im looking to condense the listings really into 1.   I was thinking of writing a custom field or virtual field, however those arent really supported while in Album Artist Artwork view, or really any view other then "track details" view.

slimpyman

see all the listings for "artist view"   and below is the "album artist" view

Pingaware

Use artist differently. Open the tag editor, click on the dots on the artist field, and you can enter multiple separate artists per track, tagging them per their role (artist, guest artist, performer, remixer). This will then work as you want.

There's probably a way to do it with search and replace (or Advanced S&R), though I don't know how off the top of my head
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, what Pingaware said.  You can use the Multiple artist splitter to break up, for instance, feat. Artists so that they go into each artist's grouping.

See here: musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Tag_Editor
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

slimpyman

ok so i checked out the multiple tags splitter...  Is there any way to give it custom rules?

seems it totally ignores more then 1 artist, and the feat. ft. or featuring isnt being read and splitting.   the ampersand & sign does sepearate though

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It should split feat. automatically when you use the button, but you can probably automate the process with the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

slimpyman

So i go back to this after my holidays :)

So it seems i have to do it manually.... having over 2000 songs alone with hiphop/rap it can only seperate one track at a time and not multiple.
i will deal with that some other time, so maybe you can hgelp me with this.  I have grouped compilations checked in settings, and as i am displaying it by album artist,   is there a way i can throw for example, al wilsons song in "Various Artist" in the "Al Wilson" ?

i just have the top part showing what displays when i highlight Al Wilson, and the bottom is what displays under "Various Artists"

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
...you can probably automate the process with the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)