Author Topic: Albums split up?  (Read 3160 times)

LtTwitch

Hey guys! I'm a new Musicbee user, switching over from iTunes, and I love it already but I'm trying to figure out all the different tricks and tweaks available.

I uploaded some albums but several of them have been split into different pieces and I don't know how to group them back together.

As an example, I have a Beyonce album that got split into two. When I looked at the tags, the only difference was that one of them was missing the accent over the 'e' under Artist Name. After I fixed the tags to be the same, I still couldn't see how to get them grouped together. Should I rescan the files, or...?

I'm sure you guys get asked this question a lot, but any help would be appreciated! I've already skimmed over some of the forum topics and the wiki and even though grouping and sorting is explained, it doesn't quite cover this.

Under the grouping and sorting options, it's on the default of Album Artist and Album Name.

Steven

• Administrator
this question comes up quite often so i suggest you try a forum search or check the wiki which has a write up about it and probably already has the info you need

redwing

Should I rescan the files, or...?

It will do, but even re-selecting the node or Refresh (F5) would be enough to correct it.

Under the grouping and sorting options, it's on the default of Album Artist and Album Name.

Then make sure all the tracks share exactly the same values for the two fields. If it still doesn't work, post screenshots of how it looks in the main panel along with the two field values.