Author Topic: My Compilation hiccups!  (Read 2795 times)

oldrocker55

Hi All

I have made a compilation of singles tracks to relive my youth so to speak. Years 1955-1973.
Rightly or wrongly this is what I did/

Track Title: is the song title say Rock Around The Clock
Artist:        Single Trax
Album:      Single Trax
Album Artist: Blank
Year:            2014
Track #:      I put in year of release ie 1955 for above, but obviously there will be several songs with the same year.

Occasionally as I rescan to add new tracks not related to this, the odd single track will show up
as a new addition with artwork, track title, and artwork related to the song, with the name of the Artist in the Album Artist field.

Any ideas on whats causing this?

Thanks in advance

Old Rocker

Steven

• Administrator
normally with compilations you want to set the album artist the same for each of the tracks, not blank eg. set the album artist to "Various Artists"

Zak

• Global Moderator
Occasionally as I rescan to add new tracks not related to this, the odd single track will show up
as a new addition with artwork, track title, and artwork related to the song, with the name of the Artist in the Album Artist field.
You might need to explain this a bit differently because I'm not sure what you mean, and others may not be either.
Bee excellent to each other...

oldrocker55

Apologies for not being clear, so will start from the beginning.

Windows 7-in Music Library have folder called Single Trax, a compilation of singles from 55-73
Within the Library of Windows 7 has the following information

as an example in the Windows 7 Music Folder of "Single Trax"
Track Name: A Hard Day's Night
Contrib Artist: Single Trax
Album Artist:   Single Trax
#: 1964- which I use as year of release
Title: A Hard Day's Night
Genre: Singles

So I have 300 odd singles that show up in Music Bee, sorted by years from 55 on up in ascending order with song titles, not bothered having artist names at this point.

Now, I might do a rescan of my library as I am adding a new album, and,    A Hard Day's Night will show up under B for Beatles as the artist with song title and sometimes even artwork  as a single/solo track.

Hope that makes better sense to ye all!!!!

Apologies if not clear before

Thanks

O Rocker