Author Topic: Shuffle Problem  (Read 2807 times)

izakpolman

What makes MB completely not able to shuffle play including auto DJ?

I have lately reinstalled the whole system of my PC, everything's fine (including other software) in the system but after installing MB(I am sure I have the latest .Net Framework version), shuffle play and auto DJ are not working whether I choose "random" or "different artists". I did uninstall and reinstall MB to see if it will work again, but no hope at the moment.

Can someone give me a hint how to solve this problem?

Zak

• Global Moderator
...shuffle play and auto DJ are not working whether I choose "random" or "different artists".

I think you'll need to define "not working" a bit better for someone to help you. Do you mean not at all or not as you expect?
A screenshot of your Auto-DJ settings might help too.
Bee excellent to each other...

izakpolman

...shuffle play and auto DJ are not working whether I choose "random" or "different artists".

I think you'll need to define "not working" a bit better for someone to help you. Do you mean not at all or not as you expect?
A screenshot of your Auto-DJ settings might help too.

Thanks for your reply, Zak.
It's completely not working. Before reinstallation of my PC, MB was working fine on Shuffle or Auto DJ, but now after reinstalling, no matter what options I set in Preference -- Player or Now Playing, Shuffle or Auto DJ doesn't work at all. It only plays the albums of the same artist, track by track, no shuffle at all.

Zak

• Global Moderator
That's definitely weird, especially for a new installation.

The only thing I can think of is is to right-click the shuffle button and check the Shuffle Settings, which could explain why you only get whole albums at a time in track order. Check that individual tracks are set to play in random order:

I don't use Auto-DJ so I don't know if it also affects how it queues songs.

Apologies if you've checked there already, but these settings aren't immediately obvious so thought it worth mentioning.
Bee excellent to each other...

izakpolman

Thanks Zak.

It must be my PC problem. Just a few minutes ago, I uninstalled MB, and download version 2.4 (b4 it was 2.5) installed it, first-run is OK, I mean shuffle and auto DJ worked fine. But when I tried to change skin and restart, shuffle and auto DJ doesn't work again.

Really donno why.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

izakpolman

Zak,

I have just found out a way to make MB play shuffle, I donno whether everyone is doing this though. I open "Now Playing Assistant", then click on "Artists" column then "All Artists", right click on it to choose "Play shuffled". MB works now.

Thanks for your attention.