Author Topic: Auto-Sync GUI improvements  (Read 17394 times)

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

i have increased the icon size to 96px and should be sharp for all device types now. Also some minor tweaks to how the Sync Preview is invoked.

klint

i havent changed anything about the synching itself, at least not intentionally. Does synching all the playlist tracks happen every time?
No it doesn't, it is very random. And for instance, I just retried a sync without changing anything neither on the PC nor on the phone since last sync, and this time, just one track got copied (it shouldn't have because it was already there...). The next time, nothing was synced (which was expected).
But you are right, I think I met this behaviour in the past as well, every now and then, hardly though.

And what do you mean by "to get them synced properly again" for your playlists?
The playlists themselves (the one that are copied at the end of the process, not the songs) could not be copied. I had to remove the lists from the device first (there were already there from a previous sync), then it worked and they got synced properly. And it works since... This was the first time I met this issue.

Sorry for not being much specific in the description, that's all I could find.

And by the way, what about renaming the device connected over MTP? :)
Thanks

Cheers

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
i have increased the icon size to 96px and should be sharp for all device types now. Also some minor tweaks to how the Sync Preview is invoked.

icon now nice and clear  -  thank you
'Preview' button in top pane looks much better

re-synced device from yesterday and only M3U playlists updated - assume that was due to other change in 'rescan of M3U' post

on-the-fly conversion only appears to be using 1 encoding thread, not the 3 I have set in Preferences> File Converters
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
on-the-fly conversion only appears to be using 1 encoding thread, not the 3 I have set in Preferences> File Converters
nothing has been touched with regards to the actual sync and its working fine for me with multiple encoding threads so i dont think i can help with this

Bee-liever

has the actual reporting of the sync now changed to be sequential where it was previously "as-it-happens" ?

Bee-liever

has the actual reporting of the sync now changed to be sequential where it was previously "as-it-happens" ?

yes - dumb me  ::)
just disregard those
did system restart and all working properly

Steven

• Administrator
i havent looked at it for some time but i think there was scope for improving the parallelism in the sync processing so i will spend some time looking at that

klint

Hi
Could the free space figure/% in the sync panel header be updated at the end of a real sync? :)
Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
it already does. Its possible your device doesnt report back the free space in a timely manner via the MTP API calls used

Steven

• Administrator
actually i see what is happening is its not repainting the screen so i will fix that

Steven

• Administrator

- much faster bulk deleting of files for MTP devices
- overall synch speed should improve for all devices where file transcoding is required - MB should schedule the tasks so more can be done in parallel
- fixes a couple of GUI bugs
- also fixes a copy failure when read-only files need to be transcoded or have sound leveling applied
Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:55:20 PM by Steven

Bee-liever

I've noticed during a sync that all transcoded files get deleted and then re-converted and copied back to the device.
Would it be possible to add an option to not delete a file if the extension matches the one from the conversion settings?

Steven

• Administrator
deletion and file copy should be mutually exclusive in the MB synch logic so that shouldnt be happening for the same file in the same location.
I expect what is happening is you have changed one or more of the tags that affects the file's location, so its deleting the file from the old location.
As a test you could edit one file without changing a naming tag in that file. If you do a preview or a synch, you should see it encodes/updates only.
And if you do the same again, but change a naming tag you should also see a delete action

Bee-liever

I've noticed during a sync that all transcoded files get deleted and then re-converted and copied back to the device.
Would it be possible to add an option to not delete a file if the extension matches the one from the conversion settings?

deletion and file copy should be mutually exclusive in the MB synch logic so that shouldnt be happening for the same file in the same location.
I expect what is happening is you have changed one or more of the tags that affects the file's location, so its deleting the file from the old location.
As a test you could edit one file without changing a naming tag in that file. If you do a preview or a synch, you should see it encodes/updates only.
And if you do the same again, but change a naming tag you should also see a delete action

Well..  I'm certainly making some dumb mistakes on this thread  :-[

The reason it was happening is because I'd forgotten I have that playlist set up like so:

So of course MB is going to delete them, as that list gets rebuilt anew every time  ::)

LunaTech

Started using mb at the perfect time! Absolutely lovely update. The only thing that bothers me is knowing wither the box I ticked saved or not. I find myself switching tabs / closing mb and opening it again to make sure it stayed.

Probably a personal issue I just need to get over.

Also, there was a bug I found. When scrolling up in down in the settings with the mouse wheel the scroll bar on the right doesn't update.