Author Topic: can't edit tags  (Read 3395 times)

croomian

Hi there,

I've been using MediaMonkey for years but I've decided to give MusicBee a try and it seems like a great program.

I can't seem to edit tags though. In the main panel, I can select a song > right click > edit and the tag editor appears. However, the fields in all the tag tabs are not editable. The fields are greyed-out almost as if the tags are locked. I checked to make sure they are editable in the main panel via Preferences, but I'm still not allowed to edit them.

Help.

Thanks,

--Chris

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!  That usually happens when the files are read-only.  Have you looked at the file properties in Windows Explorer?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

croomian

psychoadept,

Yes, the files were 'Read-only' in Windows Explorer. I've changed their properties and now the tags are edited - thanks for the tip!

--Chris

Steven

• Administrator
this seems to throw people more often than i would have expected so i am going to make a change for a future update to provide more explicit information when a file is read-only

Zak

• Global Moderator
It does seem to be one of those questions that gets asked every couple of months.

Including a clear label that tags can't be edited because a file is read-only would be nice.
Super-nice with a cherry on top would be if MusicBee prompted to remove the read-only flag to allow tag editing anyway.  :)
Bee excellent to each other...