Author Topic: Smooth scrolling  (Read 26823 times)

Steven

• Administrator

Twlf

Nice, interesting how a detail like this can visibly improve the user experience. :)
I wasn't too optimistic after experiencing choppy 'smooth' scrolling in certain web browsers/file managers, but no issues here scrolling through 30,000 files. Good job!

ma_t14

Is smooth scrolling enabled by default now and is there an option for that in preferences? Where can one find this option?

(Sorry, I have been out of the loop with MusicBee development the past few years. That's mostly due to the fact that, as strange as it will sound, I barely have the time or the desire for serious music listening sessions nowadays.  :(  )

Steven

• Administrator

jaredbance

Sorry for the bump but I am wondering if there is a way to slow down the scroll speed in the main panel when it set to album cover view.

This added feature of smooth scrolling has made made my music browsing experience much better. However, when using my laptops track pad to scroll (using two fingers on the trackpad) the album cover view scrolls EXTREMELY too fast. This problem occurred in the musicbee version 3.0.6132 as well.

Could a feature be added that slows down scroll speed for laptop trackpads?

I have already tried going into control panel settings in windows and changing the "choose how many lines to scroll" option to 1 but there is not much of a difference if any at all.

Any help is appreciated!

Alumni

This added feature of smooth scrolling has made made my music browsing experience much better. However, when using my laptops track pad to scroll (using two fingers on the trackpad) the album cover view scrolls EXTREMELY too fast.

Using a mouse with album covers view is fine, but I find that in tracks view smooth scrolling is too sensitive. With a single motion of the mouse wheel, album covers tend to skip forward/back by one row at a time - in tracks view it tends to skip half a dozen rows at a time.
Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:18:15 AM by Alumni

cublikefoot

Is smooth scrolling enabled by default now and is there an option for that in preferences? Where can one find this option?

I'm also looking for this option. I searched for quite some time and never found it.

bitfidelity

How do you turn smooth scrolling off?

Steven

• Administrator
there isnt a way and wont be a way ie. you will need to stick with v3.0

redwing

Currently rolling the mouse wheel one notch scrolls one row in artwork view and six rows in list views (the default 3 rows per 1 notch mouse scroll setting, so it will be 2 rows if you set 1 row per 1 notch). I'm very content with the current scrolling speed.

But the problem is when you want to fine-tune the scrolling to stop at the specific row.
How about supporting slow scroll with a hotkey? So if I scroll while holding down control key, it always scrolls 1 row per 1 notch in list view (and 1/6 row per 1 notch in artwork view) regardless of the user's configured mouse scroll setting.
Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:42:53 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
i think that should be OK as a "hidden" feature. MB would just handle the alt key being pressed as thats already some sort of standard:
http://lifehacker.com/5221682/lesser-known-firefox-feature-slows-down-mouse-wheel-scrolling-speed

redwing

For some reason it doesn't work for my Firefox. Anyway that'd be great!

redwing

So with alt key pressed, it now takes 6 notches to scroll one row in artwork view, which means 1/6 of the normal scroll speed. But it scrolls 3 rows per notch in list view, just the half of the normal speed. Can't you make it scroll one row per notch in list view?