Author Topic: Smooth scrolling  (Read 26822 times)

Sofocl

marvinello

Why the developer isn't even answering...?! This request has a considerable number of +1's!

electro

If the developer will ever implement this, I hope he will make it optional. Smooth scrolling sucks most of the time (it slows down the scrolling).

boroda

Why the developer isn't even answering...?! This request has a considerable number of +1's!
Steven rarely answers to wishes at all. he either implements wish or doesn't.
Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:55:09 PM by boroda74

Steven

• Administrator
i have done this for v3.1 - it will be optional.
for anyone that cares about this feature, its not currently done for mouse wheel actions as i felt it slowed things down too much ie. its only implemented for when you drag the scrollbar slider. However i would be interested to know whether you think the current scroll behaviour for mouse wheel scrolling is an issue anyway? For myself i much prefer the fast scrolling with the wheel action and to me it doesnt look jerky using that method

Alumni

for anyone that cares about this feature, its not currently done for mouse wheel actions as i felt it slowed things down too much ie. its only implemented for when you drag the scrollbar slider. However i would be interested to know whether you think the current scroll behaviour for mouse wheel scrolling is an issue anyway? For myself i much prefer the fast scrolling with the wheel action and to me it doesnt look jerky using that method

In my opinion, most people who prefer smooth scrolling would rather have it on when using the mouse wheel, this is the way it behaves in web browsers with the feature (such as Safari).

Steven

• Administrator
i've now done it for mouse wheel as well and its no longer slow

Alumni

i've now done it for mouse wheel as well and its no longer slow

Sounds good - I look forward to trying it out.

marvinello

This is wonderful! Thank you for your great work, Steven!
When will v3.1 be downloadable?

Thanks,
Francesco

Steven

• Administrator
as mentioned, this has already been implemented in v3.1
In my own testing i felt part of the issue at least for Album & Tracks layout was when you have very large artwork eg. 1000 x 1000px then MB takes a small but noticable time to scale the picture - it doesnt slow the actual scrolling but does make scrolling visually appear jerky.
So if peoples complaints are mostly with the Album & Tracks layout where you have very large artwork then i can easily port that part of the solution to v3.0.
In v3.1, it will also have a scroll smoother which i wont port to v3.0

boroda

When will v3.1 be downloadable?

i'm not Steven, but personally i prefer to don't promise any release dates for my products.