Author Topic: It's hangs... and hangs... and hangs...  (Read 3484 times)

Loong

Pretty often hangs at the transition to the next playlist item -- can't express how it annoying.

There is no any regularity also. With same set of files it's may hang, and may not. It's may playing fine for a whole day, but may hang on each file.

One thing, that i can say for sure -- it's never hangs with forced play, like doubleclick or next-button.

Any tips which way to dig?...  ???

ma_t14

Are you by any chance using Avast? It's known to cause problems with MusicBee. Disable your av software altogether temporarily to see if it makes a difference. If it does add Musicbee to the exception list.

Loong

oops.. thanks for a tip -- i had thinking about everything, except antivirus...  ::)
going to testing for a few days...

Steven

• Administrator
from what has been reported its the deepscan feature in Avast that causes the problems

Loong

Nope... Still hangs...  :-\ Is there a way to run the Bee in some verbose-debugging-record-every-sneeze-mode?...

Steven

• Administrator
i am afraid not. According to your profile you have been on the forum for a number of years so if this is a recent thing, think about what has changed on your system. But i really cant help any further with this

redwing

Pretty often hangs at the transition to the next playlist item -- can't express how it annoying.

There is no any regularity also. With same set of files it's may hang, and may not. It's may playing fine for a whole day, but may hang on each file.

One thing, that i can say for sure -- it's never hangs with forced play, like doubleclick or next-button.

Any tips which way to dig?...  ???

Could be an hardware issue. Copy those files to another HDD and see if the problem persists.