Author Topic: "musicbee alternative mediakeys" plugin automatically disabled at startup  (Read 3815 times)

tots_o_tater

I'm running version 2.4.5404 and using a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard

Whenever I start MusicBee, I have to go into Preferences/Plugins and re-enable the "musicbee alternative mediatekeys" plugin. From searching around on google a bit, I discovered that MusicBee has integrated this plugin with new packages which is why it's automatically disabled; however, the default functionality for my multimedia buttons on my keyboard do not work without the plugin enabled. My assumption is that since I've been using MusicBee since before the plugin was packaged with the program and since I changed around my hotkeys that my hotkeys carried over from previous versions.

So, my question boils down to two options:
1) Is there a way to force MusicBee to automatically enable the "musicbee alternative mediatekeys" plugin?
2) Can I set my hotkeys to the multimedia buttons?

SOLUTION:
I'm ashamed to admit, but all I had to do was go to Preferences>Hotkeys, press my multimedia buttons on the corresponding action, and voila--desired functionality. Being able to do this may have come from version 2.5+, but I won't blame my ignorance on that.
Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 06:08:32 AM by tots_o_tater

Steven

• Administrator

tots_o_tater

I'm aware that it's supposed to be native but for whatever reason mine doesn't work natively. I still have to activate the plugin for multimedia button use on my keyboard. A better title for my post may have been: "Multimedia keyboard buttons are nonfunctional"

phred

• Global Moderator
You might want to try using the latest 2.5 update:
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Latest_Update
Just unzip and overwrite the existing files.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

tots_o_tater

Updated to 2.5, the mediakeys are still nonfunctional without enabling the plugin. Is there an option to reset to default hotkeys? I still believe that may be the primary issue.

Steven

• Administrator
Steven, should we remove 'Alternative mediakeys' plugin from the wiki?
the plugin is directly incorporated in musicbee and intentional disabled so the captured keys are not doubled, so yes please

lukas.stepka

the functionality of the plugin is now native in musicbee
Hi Steven (or anybody else),

no, it is not.

My logitech keyboard media buttons still working only with this plugin enabled.

Using latest stable version of Musicbee.

How can I have this plugin active by default?

Thanks
Lukas