Author Topic: Dual Monitor/Second Screen Theatre Mode/Visualiser  (Read 21991 times)

KangNi

+1  great

Hello all,

I've tested the last patch to version 2.5.5486. It works good so far - except of one problem:
it seems to be impossible for the first try to close Milkdrop by a right click with "close visualizer". I always had to set it to full-screen by a double click first! That looks like a bug to me.
My Setup is a dual monitor one with expanded desktop. MB runs on the second screen.

Furthermore i would make some general suggestions for a more convenient and intuitive way to handle the visualizer:

1st:
The Option "Show in a Tab" should be renamed to "Show Visualizer Tab".
If "Show Visualizer Tab" is disabled, Visualizer only can start in seperate Window(/Fullscreen)-Mode and the option "Start inside MusicBee Window" (explained in 2nd below) will not be available then.

2nd:
The Vis.-Options "Show in a Tab" and "Show in the MusicBee Window" should be merged to "Start inside MusicBee Window" > if enabled: manually collapsing the right and left side panels still give the option to change the integrated size. As soon as the Visualizer become undocked from the MB-Window (e.g. by double click), MusicBee should can be contolled normaly without closing or moving the Visualizer, even if  the vis-tab hasn't the focus.
If "Start inside MusicBee Window" is disabled: Visualizer starts directly in a separate window and will be shown in full-screen on the preselected monitor. It could could be moved around and size changed also by double-clicking.

3rd:
Expand the visualizer context menu (right clicking) by the entries are already  under "Visualizer Dock/Fullscreen Mode": "Show on Screen 1/ 2 ... same as MB".

(here is a older thread about some of these thing already: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13379.0)

How You are thinking about?

Greetings
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:01:26 PM by KangNi

Steven

• Administrator
one final addition is you can now specify the startup mode for the visualiser and theater panels
ie. Normal, Desktop (visualiser only), and Fullscreen
its in the same context menu as the other Dock settings

unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

KangNi

Hello Steven,

is there any way to have the VisualizerTab TOGETHER with the ability to leave the focus on MB during the Visualizer is running on a second screen? I really still missing this ability at the moment.

Greetings
Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:28:01 AM by cycon

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
If you have tabs bar docked in caption bar then it (tabs bar) can't be accessed when TM is on secondary screen.

With latest patch (2.5.5488) still can't access Tabs Bar, Search, etc when it's docked in the Caption Bar and TM is active in secondary screen.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
is there any way to have the VisualizerTab TOGETHER with the ability to leave the focus on MB during the Visualizer is running on a second screen? I really still missing this ability at the moment.
use your mouse to click on other windows?? I dont get this comment.
See previous comments in the prior page for winamp ini settings you might want

If you have tabs bar docked in caption bar then it (tabs bar) can't be accessed when TM is on secondary screen.
With latest patch (2.5.5488) still can't access Tabs Bar, Search, etc when it's docked in the Caption Bar and TM is active in secondary screen.
I dont understand why you would not be able to access the tabs bar. A screenshot might help

Bee-liever

I dont understand why you would not be able to access the tabs bar. A screenshot might help

I think someone once said "ask and you shall receive"  :)

before starting TM in fullscreen second monitor:

with TM active in secondary screen:

Steven

• Administrator
this should fix the issue for TM - unzip and replace the existing musicbee files:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

edit:
i see there is any issue when a full screen visualiser is active in another screen, switching tabs closes the visualiser so i will fix that
Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:37:09 PM by Steven

KangNi

Hello,
sorry if my question was unclear, I just will try to explain it in another way below ...

use your mouse to click on other windows?? I dont get this comment.
See previous comments in the prior page for winamp ini settings you might want

I think the visualizer tab in the caption bar is a nice thing. Maybe most times the visualizer will be used embedded in MB window.
When the visualizer become switched to full screen on another monitor by a double click on the embedded one, currently it is not possible to use MB normal without the full-screen visualizer becomes inactive. As soon you switch to another tab inside the MB main window, the full-screen visualizer on the second screen disappears. If the visualizer tab is disabled ("shown in the MusicBee window") kindly this is possible.

So my main question regarding this topic is following ...
Is there any reason that the full-screen visualizer on a second screen needs to become disappeared if it was started from the embedded view ("shown in a tab"), when you switch to another tab in the MB main window? If not, could this be changed?

With kind regards.
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:00:48 PM by KangNi

Steven

• Administrator
this version fully detaches the full screen from musicbee and allows interaction with MB such as switching tabs that previously closed the visualiser.
Not 100% its all you are saying though

unzip and replace the existing MusicBee files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r3eikeihmh3kkmq/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Bee-liever

this should fix the issue for TM

yep.  all fixed. thank you

this version fully detaches the full screen from musicbee and allows interaction with MB such as switching tabs that previously closed the visualiser.

working perfectly (MB is playing with Milkdrop2 running in second screen as I type this) and was able to turn off the 'fake fullscreen' in the .ini settings  :)

usraek

working perfectly (MB is playing with Milkdrop2 running in second screen as I type this) and was able to turn off the 'fake fullscreen' in the .ini settings  :)

Sweet! I'll check it out later.

Thanks Steven!

KangNi

thanks - it works nice  :)

With the risk you'll hate me but there are two small issues i think:
1. The options to "lock tab" and "disable left navigator" aren't stored for the visualizer tab. Maybe these settings could be restored after switching back from full screen to tab view?
2. The visualizer tab is always disappeared after each restart of MB. Why not keep it after restart?

Okay, hit me  ;)
Greetings.

Steven

• Administrator

usraek

I've just managed to test this, it works amazing,

Thank you so much!!