Author Topic: Dual Monitor/Second Screen Theatre Mode/Visualiser  (Read 22003 times)

usraek

Thank you so much for your efforts!

I'll be able to check this when I get home, I'm very excited!!

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Would someone be able to confirm that plugin also works ok:

Not seeing the option for theater mode.

New visualiser options show and work fine.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator

Bee-liever

right click or click the settings button

OK options do show.  I just expected them to be under "Controls"

"Fullscreen Dock" set to "Show In the Secondary Screen"

double-click to go to fullscreen and get this error:

Code
MusicBee v2.5.5483.40490 (Win6.1), 6 Jan 2015 10:12:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.TheatrePanel.ShowFullScreen()
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.TheatrePanel.ToggleFullScreen()
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.TheatrePanel.OnMouseDoubleClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:22:49 PM by Bee-liever

Steven

• Administrator

pietergdp

Bee-liever

an updated theatre mode plugin is included that should fix the error:

Thank you.  Error no longer occurs and TM display switches to Secondary screen perfectly, with both double-click and right-click options.
But, Primary screen is not repainted.

Steven

• Administrator

Bee-liever

But, Primary screen is not repainted.
i dont understand what you mean by that

I end up with the TM on both screens. The fullscreen view on the secondary one, and the standard view on the Primary monitor.  When I mouse-over the Primary screen, the standard MB panel is slowly revealed ie the screen has not been refreshed/repainted.

Bee-liever

Perfection  :)
Thank you once again.

usraek

Right- so post clarification attempt.

I've tested TheatreMode and the inbuilt visualisers and they all work as expected and function great.

Thanks so much for your hard work, it's fantastic!

For people who would like to use the Milkdrop plugin, there seems to be some strange behaviour related to fullscreen, and Milkdrop just being touchy as.

Currently Milkdrop when put into fullscreen on the secondary monitor, it grabs focus and will not let you manipulate the primary window with MusicBee in it.

In order to fix this you need to enable Milkdrop's inbuilt 'fake fullscreen' mode through the ini. This mode creates a borderless window rather than switching to an actual fullscreen mode. This is needed as a single display adapter will treat the second monitor as an extension of your first and thus you can't have fullscreen in place in one but not the other.

If you add the following line to your milk2.ini in C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\plugins (or wherever you have installed) it sorts it out great.

Code
fake_fullscreen_mode=1

I'm still getting some strange behaviour with window controls, hotkeys, and closing it... But nothing I think I can adequately describe.
I've used the default milk2.ini and one generated and customised by Winamp to troubleshoot various things. Seems the fake_fullscreen is the only required to get things mostly working. I think Milkdrop is going to be a bit janky no matter what.

Cheers :)
Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 02:49:37 AM by usraek

Steven

• Administrator
Currently Milkdrop when put into fullscreen on the secondary monitor, it grabs focus and will not let you manipulate the primary window with MusicBee in it.
are you refering to both keyboard and also mouse actions, and secondly is it just musicbee thats affected?

Bee-liever

Theater Dock settings at top of list is really good.

If you have tabs bar docked in caption bar then it (tabs bar) can't be accessed when TM is on secondary screen.

usraek

are you refering to both keyboard and also mouse actions, and secondly is it just musicbee thats affected?

Yes, the primary screen becomes unusable entirely, full focus on the secondary screen. The fake_fullscreen borderless window annhilates that entirely though. It works perfectly with that added to the .ini.

I will reiterate though that Theatremode and the stock visualisers work correctly, it's only Milkdrop.