Author Topic: Dual Monitor/Second Screen Theatre Mode/Visualiser  (Read 21996 times)

usraek

There's currently a work around with screen savers, but it would be nice to be able to set the second monitor as the visualiser or theatre mode to leave the main computer as active. Good for using the TV in a party situation.

Thanks!
Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:07:07 AM by usraek

Steven

• Administrator
why cant you drag the musicbee window into the appropriate monitor and then switch to full screen mode with the visualiser or theatre mode window?
Do you need to still have the musicbee application itself still accessable in the main monitor?

blockhead

For me, I would like to see the "musicbee application itself still accessible in the main monitor".
For example, at a party I may use a large screen TV monitor for my guests to see the visualizer or theatre mode, but I do not necessarily want then to see all the MusicBee options or my music library.  Even though I have a playlist running someone my have a special request and currently I believe would have to switch back to the main musicbee app to "Queue Next" that song.  I do not necessarily want the musicbee app to display on the second monitor during that process.  Hence the request to have musicbee on the main monitor and visualizer or theatre mode dedicated to the second monitor.

OrB has a workaround for theatre mode see http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14171.0

usraek

Yes, that is correct, to be able to see the main MusicBee controls in the main screen. I am currently using the screen saver workaround to use Theatre Mode on the secondary screen, but it'd be nice to just be able to 'pop the tab out' or 'output to second screen' it. It would be used, as said above, to be able to take requests, and use the nice organised tabs and not the 'Now Playing Assistant'.

It would also solve the problem I'm having with the hotkeys and Milkdrop, as I would be able to fully interact with MusicBee on the primary screen.

(I actually posted this after seeing that screensaver thread, as it was suggested to make a separate thread and after searching nobody else had!)
Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 03:15:00 AM by usraek

usraek

RIGHT I had a different post, but I had to eat my words.

I've figured a workaround after some trial and error. I downloaded the latest Winamp, configured Milkdrop with the dialogue provided, then I copied the milk2.ini and replaced (after backing up) Musicbee's version. That also gives the benefit of exposing all of the settings available in the .ini file itself.

The settings I used in Winamp were to set Desktop Mode onto the second screen and force start upon opening the visualiser. Then after copying the .ini and opening Musicbee I started running the visualiser and it worked, though Musicbee wasn't responsive as the visualiser takes priority so the controls don't function. To fix that, I right clicked and chose Musicbee's desktop mode and it enables me to use the full window on the first screen.

There's some other strange behaviour happening, such as not being able to access my main screen desktop, but doesn't really matter as I can alt+tab to other programs and still use MusicBee's main window. Overall I'm quite happy for now!

Cheer Steven, I'm exceedingly grateful of the power and flexibility of what you've created!  Thanks!!
Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 04:07:12 AM by usraek

DJJoe

This software could very easily become a major player in the karaoke business if it added the karaoke files and the dual monitor support.

:D

Steven

• Administrator
this has been implemented for the visualiser and can be configured in View/ Visualiser Dock/...
I need someone to confirm it is working

unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

pietergdp

I don't think it is working properly (or it might just be me).

When I have MB open in my primary screen, the visualiser only opens on the primary screen (blocking the view of the MB main display) no matter if I select primary or secondary screen.

When I have MB open in secondary screen, I can get it to open on my primary screen by selecting secondary screen in the menu and open on my secondary screen (blocking MB in secondary screen) by selecting primary screen in the menu.

Steven

• Administrator
the wording might be misleading.
Primary Screen really means open in the same screen as musicbee
Secondaary screen means in the other screen

on that understanding do you think its working correctly?

edit:
i might change the behavior to match the wording
Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 04:53:59 PM by Steven

pietergdp

I assumed that was what it ment, but I can only get it to show on the other display when MB is open on my secondary screen. When MB is open in the primary screen, the visualiser only opens in the same screen, no matter which one is selected.

So I do not think that it is working correctly. (It only works correctly if MB is open in the secondary screen)

Steven

• Administrator
i have made another attempt - now Primary and Secondary fullscreen should follow the windows convention:

Steven

• Administrator
just to warn you the next update will require you to apply the setting again. Any extra option "Show In same Screen as MusicBee" will be added and is the default so the behavior is backwards compatible

edit:
this has the change. There is also the same option in the theatre mode plugin now. Would someone be able to confirm that plugin also works ok:
Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:01:01 PM by Steven