Author Topic: Closing MusicBee  (Read 4818 times)

9ido

Dear Steven,

I would be nice if MusicBee, or the standard skin, would acknowledge it when the user clicks on the close application 'X'. It takes awhile for the program to shut down and for these few seconds you just feel that you don't get a response. Just a little flick of the button when one clicks it (like the standard windows behaviour) would suffice.

Thank you once again for this perfect piece of software.

Cheers.

Sofocl

redwing

Aside from the wish,

when the user clicks on the close application 'X'. It takes awhile for the program to shut down and for these few seconds you just feel that you don't get a response

I once had the same issue before. Then I tested with default settings file and found MB closed down immediately with it. After some research, it turned out one of the displayed fields in the main panel caused the issue (the field issue itself was addressed later). So you might want to try fixing the issue yourself, if closing down takes more than a second.

Steven

• Administrator
there are plenty of normal reasons shutdown speed can be slowish eg. save the library cache, the need to export an iTunes XML file, exported playlists, things plugins might need to do eg. the UPnP plugin needs to close windows sockets which can take some time

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed it so the button reacts and MusicBee immediately hides (its still shutting down in the background)

unzip and replace the existing files:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

9ido

I turned of the XML backup, don't need it anyway, and that speeded things up considerately (I have a 100k entries library.)

Thank you for the modification. I like it!