Author Topic: MusicBee Lock Up  (Read 11801 times)

gotmilk41

Are you guys experiencing any lock up issues? Because whenever I use MusicBee, the player locks up and have to restart it to get it working again.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Problems like this are often caused by anti-virus software.  You might check that it's not causing problems with MB accessing your files.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

gotmilk41

The anti-virus software is not causing the lock up. Something is wrong.

phred

• Global Moderator
You're going to have to provide some more details in order for someone to try and help.  Does it happen every time you use MB?  What are you doing when it locks up?  What are the steps taken to cause the lock up? 
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
and have you updated to the latest version, to be sure it's not something Steven has already fixed?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

gotmilk41

Yes. When I start MB, I click any song from my music library and it plays no problem. However, overtime MB won't let me play my music again and the song duration locks up at 0:00 which is my problem. So I have to restart the program and its back to normal again. All my music files are WAV and I never had this issue with Foobar before.

gotmilk41

phred

• Global Moderator
Try updating to the latest version
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Latest_Update
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

gotmilk41

I tried and it gave me an error:"To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework: v4.0.30319. Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining  the appropriate version of the .NET Framework".

gotmilk41

There's a warning on uninstalling framework that says: "Uninstalling Microsoft .NET Framework may cause some applications to cease to function" after using the repair tool.

gotmilk41

I tried repairing the framework and run the latest patch, but didn't fixed it.

gotmilk41

Never mind uninstalling framework. Bad idea.

gotmilk41

Now when I run the MB patch, it gives me this error: "MusicBee v2.5.5441.39659 (Win6.1), 24 Nov 2014 18:34:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=qEA0MVPCOQTldy6UGJkHF5w==' threw an exception. ---> System.ApplicationException: Unable to load 'C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.267\bass.dll'
   at #=qSeFEQe1DpCj7eJYDhUYLFpu6RwOcaQ$iVnT5zx64vTk=.#=qx8znqCrrN8A$YDk1LSSk6lvYkBMMJVS3BfPRHs7_LwE=(String #=qbualqh7e6tpGBgeSQz8OBQ==)
   at #=qEA0MVPCOQTldy6UGJkHF5w==..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #=qEA0MVPCOQTldy6UGJkHF5w==.#=qzwy1duwJH_Bzb76SNOK6xw==()
   at #=qn8$zVmz6aZ4PLHYvhAYV7YQBbJ8wFp9cG59bUjc1fVM=.#=qGkGwL4ZLh3XWQPrdNDI2Ag==(IntPtr #=q68uSE6SpnWHoI_6F6YpA9A==, ISynchronizeInvoke #=qpu6PMCYAxs4pCmibxwoRcQ==, Boolean #=qkL97DBoTnfaprzn2B7UQ3g==, List`1 #=qunNXmPc3slJZCPQ7j4GlkQ==)
   at #=qLaJ4smTiylO$Vzw4bVbD93Z6PVTgxBBaRbMAB3TxGd0=.#=qaDWn25vB_ogkvFpFhQFTrhXgudipmiynZY_ssET$yaE=(IntPtr #=qz6g9a94qVANUuUfoRm1ltw==)
   at #=q3kvxdZkNt6zLu84nvdbCxCAXv3dcmgMw0APzRiRxEFk=..ctor(IList`1 #=qOEk_KYx7GcSHnMwKYh6GQg==)
   at #=q3kvxdZkNt6zLu84nvdbCxCAXv3dcmgMw0APzRiRxEFk=.#=qDw2zXYmHhiqMSAKsR6FvoUPDB0l4cmX9H8vwVYWLKWI=.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs #=qHIJ8hURfvHcnNRH96VvwJw==)"

redwing

When you apply a patch, you are supposed to overwrite files in your MB program folder.